Will the melee be fixed in the multiplayer?

#1gnildocPosted 7/5/2010 5:51:13 PM
In the first one you could walk through people online making melee next to impossible. Will this be fixed in the second one?
#2Majora006Posted 7/5/2010 5:59:06 PM
I thought melee worked in my opinion, but I agree, I hope you can only walk through allies.
---
Don't Wind my Waker or I might have a Sykward Sword
#37Nobody5Posted 7/5/2010 7:18:09 PM
actually, i want a feature where you can give a little "nice going" to your friends online while playing.
so maybe they can slip in a feature, where in multiplayer, you can just melee attack your teammates and it will be sent as a high 5 or something lol...or maybe a little tap on the bu- ... nevermind >_>
#47Nobody5Posted 7/5/2010 7:23:27 PM
the melee attack wasnt faulty in the first game...i basically always got a hit when i melee a guy. if you are going through people and not landing hits simply attack a bit farther away from them.
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/5/2010 8:03:21 PM
I liked it.

being able to walk though people gives you more options, and makes you less predictable.

Walking though was only ever a problem with guns, because you'd stick your gun out, and the barrel would go through, and the bullets would fire out their back, and not hit them.
#67Nobody5Posted 7/5/2010 8:21:50 PM
i hope that the melee attack would do more damage though. in the first game i think it was 4 direct melee hits to kill them. thats too many IMO.
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/5/2010 8:41:22 PM
any less than 3 would be way too much damage...

4 is good.

I personally would like it to be 6, but with a little different mechanics than just pressing a button.
I'd make them a little faster, I'd add a tiny bit of hit stun, and I'd make the Ariel melee and the grounded melee different animations.

And I'd make it so you could string them together ( a long with shots from you weapon ) in different ways which could end in a third melee animation, which would be twice as powerful.

So it would actually be 6 normal melee attacks.
5 if you combo'd them together.
4 if you were able to land shots between the attack animations.
and 3 possibly if you were able to land head shots.

That sounds funner to me, because instead of pressing a button a few times, I'm pressing buttons like crazy and doing all this stuff, and making sure I get it right. And then I get the reward of the kill on top of that.

And, melee really isn't or shouldn't be something you use on somebody with full health to take them all the way to 0 anyway.
#8Aile_WingPosted 7/5/2010 8:54:24 PM
^ If I remember correctly, two melée attacks to the front and sides and one from the rear will now kill a person.

I hated walking through players. Sneaking up on someone only to be revealed and vulnerable because they backed through me is very irritating.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#9SupahShnipaPosted 7/5/2010 9:29:54 PM
2 hit melee is perfect IMO. If you let someone get that close to you it's either your fault or your teams fault.

Also, you should be able to walk through Allies, but not Enemies in my opinion.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#10Aile_WingPosted 7/5/2010 9:38:18 PM
SupahShnipah:
Also, you should be able to walk through Allies, but not Enemies in my opinion.

I always forget to include this.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)