So, How are friend codes handled? HVS TONY LOOK HERE!!!

#1FarMaster2008Posted 7/6/2010 1:55:29 PM
Personally, I want no friend codes at all!!! THEY RUIN THE ONLINE CHAT!!! But I guess that probably won't happen because Nintendo pulls the strings on HVS making them seem like puppets. HVS step up to the big bully that is Nintendo, and tell them NO FRIEND CODES!!!! We take pride in our online gameplay and want to actually make some cash to bring home to our families to feed their faces. Tony, what's being done on the matter, and I want a in-depth answer to why there is friend codes or a simple " HECK YEAH WE GOT NO FRIEND CODES!!!"
Well?.....
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2yw9zpt.jpg
#2ocarinaoftasiPosted 7/6/2010 2:10:38 PM
Bro....no. Every online game has FCs, and frankly, open online chat would get HVS, and Nintendo, in some deep water. They want a good reputation. Imagine a family playing the Wii hearing tons of players cussing at each other, not the right image.
---
The wizard did it.
#3ddd87Posted 7/6/2010 2:26:22 PM
Just add every player in the match to your rival list and thats all.
After you can erase them if you want.
#47Nobody5Posted 7/6/2010 2:26:26 PM
but wont all the chats be heard through the head phones of the headset and not the speakers from the TV????
#5ocarinaoftasiPosted 7/6/2010 2:32:01 PM
Not much difference, plus it can be heard through the speakers with normal Wii Speak. People would still harass, other people complain. Too much of a headache. Plus there could be lawsuits involved. Gamers may not want it, but it's a better overall stand for the gaming community as a whole.
---
The wizard did it.
#6LigersRulePosted 7/6/2010 2:49:50 PM
Well, they could easily go without friend codes.... If they weren't running on their own servers. Also, Nintendo has every right to force things. If they "Stand up to the big bully", the answer from Nintendo would be like "Is that how you feel? Well, I guess your online won't be supported then."

If you hate friend codes that much, I would suggest selling your house, both arms and legs, and probably your first born child, then donating every single penny to HVS. They might then have enough for their own servers. Probably not, though, I'm not really aware as to how much it costs to run your own servers....

Also, to those saying that every game with chat needs friend codes.... Well, they don't. They do if you are running on Nintendo servers, though. Which this is. If you want codeless-chat, I suggest either buying another console, or give up on FPS and go play MH3.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#7HVSTony(VIP)Posted 7/6/2010 3:33:52 PM
Boy Ive been answering this question for a year and a half now and its always been the same answer.

Talk to Nintendo, has nothing to do with us.

-Tony
#8LigersRulePosted 7/6/2010 3:49:12 PM
Told you : /

---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/6/2010 4:21:20 PM
To use Nintendo's online service, certain guidelines must be followed. Friend Codes happens to be one of them. Unless a developer pays a lot of money, or has something else to offer(a shrubbery, perhaps?) Friend Codes are mandatory. Be thankful C2 even has some of the online features it has.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#10LigersRulePosted 7/6/2010 4:24:33 PM
We are the Knights who say.... Ni...ntendo. You must bring us.... a shrubbery!
---