HVS Tony, what's your opinion on....

#1FarMaster2008Posted 7/7/2010 1:28:59 PM
On the competion....People will no-doubtly buy a million copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops and Goldeneye cuz of the name prob. But I am on a budget, what is HVS doing to make this the buy out of all those other shooters. Why should I buy this game over Black Ops and Goldeneye? I am just a poor gamer.....=(
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2yw9zpt.jpg
#2LigersRulePosted 7/7/2010 1:49:46 PM
Leave Tony alone! You have like 4 or 5 topics on the first page alone asking for this or that. Lay off!
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#3RichieGamerPosted 7/7/2010 1:53:10 PM
Yeah man, don't post like crazy.
---
http://imgur.com/hiLf9.gif
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/7/2010 2:02:50 PM
Obvious troll is obvious?

Black Ops is another trash CoD port, and Goldeneye is a cheap cash-in.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5Ryan SiPosted 7/7/2010 2:06:45 PM
^^ Wow, you seem so sure of yourself considering you have never played either or atleast read any reviews..
---
FFVII > FFX > FFIX > FFXII > FFVI > FFVIII > FFIV > FFV
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/7/2010 2:09:57 PM
If you've seen the media and information related to goldeneye, it's an obvious cash-in on the original's success. Cheap developer, greedy publisher, all of the advertising for it hypes it based on the name.
For black ops... Have you been keeping up with CoD at all?
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#7ryudo_dragoonPosted 7/7/2010 2:11:50 PM
I think it'd be something about this game offering stuff those games don't.
Or something.

Personal Preference.
---
"I have absolutely no idea how to even remotely respond to this thread.
Congrats on making my brain explode." - HVS Tony
#8HVSTony(VIP)Posted 7/7/2010 3:14:22 PM
12 people online vs 8. Way cooler weapons.

Thats just 2. Others can give you more.

-Tony
#9SupahShnipaPosted 7/7/2010 3:25:59 PM
"Why should I buy this game over Black Ops and Goldeneye?"
Black Ops - Call of Duty has never gone through a major gameplay change since the original, COD4 added new elements which was refreshing, but the core gameplay has remained pretty much the same. Plays no differently, BO looks so generic IMO.
Goldeneye - It's not a remake of the N64 game, it's a new game based off the Goldeneye movie that has been influenced by the game.

Honestly, I'm more pumped for Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball 2 for Wii than either of these 2.
Actually, the original was a fantastic game so I'm actually really excited for the sequel, plus the Wii is having 8 player online. It comes out in September so It's gonna make the wait for Conduit 2 much easier.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#10Ryan SiPosted 7/7/2010 5:10:51 PM
"If you've seen the media and information related to goldeneye, it's an obvious cash-in on the original's success. Cheap developer, greedy publisher, all of the advertising for it hypes it based on the name."

I have seen the media and information related to GoldenEye and obviously they are trying to cash in on the original's success. That doesn't mean in any way that the game won't be great. If you want to play the original, go play the original.

It HAS to be updated for today's market. So, you can only carry 2 weapons and the health system is different...boo hoo, that's how the genre works in today's market. You're making it sound like some cheap, pure cash in like Rogue Agent which had nothing to do whatsoever with the movie or the game, and how is Eurocom cheap?

Saying oh, it's just trying to cash in on the name and therefore it will automatically be a horrible game is pure ignorance.

---
FFVII > FFX > FFIX > FFXII > FFVI > FFVIII > FFIV > FFV