To: HVSTony----About: C2 Friends

#1loser_02004Posted 7/7/2010 8:31:28 PM
I don't go through the boards of ALL the past threads so don't blast me if this has been asked before (@ GFaqs users) but if the information is disclosable or confirmed could you answer these questions?

1-Will Friend Codes still be the only way of adding people through online? (Monster Hunter Tri was genius for the ability to send friend requests and I hate finding random super-pros that I can't ever add)

2-When ready to play a match with friends in a PUBLIC room, can you now join as a party? So as to maximize the chance of being on the same team now? Or will it still have the team randomizer?

3-Will Wii Speak still only be usable with friends?

4-How many friends are addable now? or same amount?

THANKS A BUNCH TONY, its great having a staff member who communicates directly with the fans!

---
SSBB:3609-3286-5823
CoD MS~King 4899 6641 5938
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/7/2010 8:34:31 PM
1-Will Friend Codes still be the only way of adding people through online? (Monster Hunter Tri was genius for the ability to send friend requests and I hate finding random super-pros that I can't ever add)

New "rivals" system, like MPH, allows you to add people you meet in public matches.(I think. Pretty damn sure, anyway.)

Shockingly, no.

96 friends, 96 rivals, last I heard.

These three were all previously answered, btw.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#3X_D_D_XPosted 7/7/2010 8:36:17 PM
1. You can add rivals as well, which don't require FC's. There will be 2 lists, a Rivals list and a Friends List.

2. Nothing about a party system yet. Most likely will be the same as The Conduit.

3. Friends and rivals I think.

4. Apparently you can add 96 friends and 96 Rivals, for a total of 192.
---
Jump Ultimate Stars:1977-1107-7531
#4loser_02004(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2010 8:37:09 PM
AWESOME!! Each answer I was looking for just specify on rivals system is it like
people you add randomly go into Rival Friends?
and people you add via friend code/personally=Friends friends?

---
#5LigersRulePosted 7/7/2010 8:37:39 PM
I'm going to say what I can, maybe to save Tony some time.

I believe codes are still the only way of adding friends. There is, however, a rival system, which lets you add people in game to your rival list. Any random person.

2-When ready to play a match with friends in a PUBLIC room, can you now join as a party? So as to maximize the chance of being on the same team now? Or will it still have the team randomizer?

I don't believe this has been disclosed yet. Sorry :(

Friends and Rivals. Not randoms, though you can add a rival in game and then chat with them.

I think it's rumored as 96 friends, 96 rivals. This has not been confirmed, so don't take my word for it.

---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#6LigersRulePosted 7/7/2010 8:39:41 PM
Dang, I really should refresh the message list before posting...

Also, TC, if you didn't know, there is a search function on GameFAQS, you just have to be a certain board level to do it. You don't have to wade through the pages. Asking is fine in this case, though.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#7Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 7/7/2010 8:42:11 PM
There is a rivals system now that allows you to add anyone to a rivals list (no FC required), and you can voice chat with them (so in theory you could just tell them your friend code verbally). This list can hold up to 96 players, as can the friends list (for a total of 192 people). There are still FC's, but as with the previous game, you can send friend requests to friends of friends and add people who already have your main Wii FC. Other than rivals and friends, you can't chat with people, and as for a party system I have no idea (a preview a little while ago said something about there not being a lobby system, but that might have just been for the E3 build).
#8loser_02004(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2010 8:43:52 PM
Lol I'm elite status I know of the search function, it just is dumb to me cuz you have to match words exactly
Thanks everyone a lot I'm going to be the best at this game now ^_~
---
#9LigersRulePosted 7/7/2010 8:46:24 PM
Yeah, I saw that after I posted. But you don't have to be exact. Put something like "Friends" or "Codes", something useful might pop up.

I just thought you were some random GSer, and I'm sorry for assuming. You know what they say about when you assume, though....
---