Idea for a Perk

#1predalienkingPosted 7/8/2010 10:08:51 AM
I was playing Resistance 2 Co-op the other day and was thinking while playing as the Spec-Op, that there could be a perk that can allow people to dispense ammo.

Perhaps the ability to throw grenades could be replaced with ammo boxes, which can be thrown for yourself or teammates, and even enemies if they can run in and grab it first, or kill you before you can get it. It could be done so that each grenade type you would normally carry translates to an ammo box, so:

Frag = Human Ammo
Radiation = Drudge Ammo
Flash = Trust Ammo

I think that ammo boxes should take up more space to, so you could only carry say 1-2 on an individual multiplayer mode, and 2-3, maybe 4 on a team game, since you'll be looking after others. The player would spawn with them, then once they've been used, you'll only get them back when you die and respawn, or maybe every 30 seconds you get 1 back, which ever is fairer.

Also if something like this is used by someone in a team game, they should be alerted when other teammates are low on ammo so they know when to resupply them, perhaps an icon above an allies head could appear.

Wondering what other people think about this, thanks.
---
Wii address: 4059 2904 0797 9609
Name: Ridley126
#2ddd87Posted 7/8/2010 10:12:52 AM
Or just throwing a grenade and hitting your ally will restock ammo, there is a suit upgrade that lets you shoot at your teammates to heal them, so it would be kinda similar.
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/8/2010 10:18:10 AM
would be neat...
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 7/8/2010 10:23:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5UltimateFlame13Posted 7/8/2010 10:24:17 AM
Sounds interesting. It should just restore a percent of the max ammo possible on their gun though. Maybe just enough so that the SMAW only gets one shot restored (assuming it has a low ammo max to begin with). That way someone running around with a rocket launcher can't just keep getting all of their ammo restored whenever they run out.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#6Cleon3600Posted 7/8/2010 10:44:51 AM
Dispensing ammo? This game is starting to sound like Team Fortress 2.
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Zelgius
Give me Liberty, or give me pizza pie!
#7psychobrewPosted 7/8/2010 10:58:11 AM
I want a double jump. Or a jet pack. Or wings (some of the aliens fly, right? Let me play that alien).
#8Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 7/8/2010 11:07:51 AM
I don't know about a double jump, but there's at least a perk that makes you jump higher. Anyway, it;s an interesting idea, but I wonder it anyone is enough of a team player to actually use it (as with Reverse Damage).
#9predalienking(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 12:10:01 PM
^^ Yeah, that's the problem. I could see people just keeping the ammo all to themselves. What about Exp Bonuses for helping out others? If HVS made it so people got a small bonus for helping one another, like healing and giving ammo, then people might tend to help one another more often, even it it's just to profit themselves.
---
Wii address: 4059 2904 0797 9609
Name: Ridley126
#10UltimateFlame13Posted 7/8/2010 12:12:54 PM
yeah you should get xp for healing other people. There should also be achievements for healing as well.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V