Killstreaks

#1Brownprouder23Posted 7/8/2010 11:10:06 AM
I know they don't have any in this game, but I was thinking since this is a sci-fi fps they could have some really imaginative killstreak awards. For example, they could have the ability to place a conduit as an award for a certain amount of kills. Also, they could have some sort of recon plane or robot dogs.

People are going to say this will only make this like call of duty more, but what's the harm in that?
#2coolman229Posted 7/8/2010 11:18:06 AM
I like the current Xp bonus for killstreaks. I'm sure others will agree.
---
We're glad we won you over to the fight for the earth.
Currently playing: Cave Story, Majora's Mask (VC), Brawl (still), Mega Man 9, Okami
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/8/2010 11:20:59 AM
Killstreaks are one of the worst aspects of Call of Duty.
If you want to play CoD, go play CoD.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4frogloePosted 7/8/2010 11:22:57 AM
Yeah gaining more XP through killstreaks is more rewarding I feel. Then you can unlock more perks and weapons and rank up based on how well you're doing rather then getting silly killstreak rewards.
#57Nobody5Posted 7/8/2010 11:41:49 AM
"recon plane" and "robot dogs" yup...COD...last time i checked, this was the Conduit 2 board...stop trying to make this game into another COD.
#6ddd87Posted 7/8/2010 11:46:21 AM
This game has already too many things from other games, Conduit 2 should do unique things and not just copy them.
#7psychobrewPosted 7/8/2010 11:49:54 AM
I couldn't care less about the XP system. It would be cool, though, to be able to call in one of the bosses to wreak havoc in a multiplayer match, but something like this might be better with a luck of the draw type of thing instead of a reward for a huge kill streak (which can make matches extremely unbalanced).
#8UltimateFlame13Posted 7/8/2010 11:54:32 AM
No kill streaks that give you any benefits other than more xp. Killstreaks in CoD hold the game back. Terrible addition to the game.

but something like this might be better with a luck of the draw type

that would make this too much of a party game. People already complain about how the items in mario kart can screw you over, and about items in brawl like the smash ball.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#9shotokanjavPosted 7/8/2010 2:05:59 PM
Yeah, I rather liked the killstreak system in Conduit 1. COD award system makes it much easier racking up kills, which is less rewarding. On Conduit 1, the largest streak I got was perhaps 14 kills, and it was damn tough getting that.

I'd say for HVS to keep it the same as in the 1st game.
---
PS3: Third-Drifter
#10ddd87Posted 7/8/2010 2:15:25 PM
Wait...

The Kill Streak indicator in C2 has a meter that fills up the more kills you get.
¿What happens if it fills completely?