Killstreaks

#217Nobody5Posted 7/8/2010 7:49:04 PM
at 20 kills...you become all sparkly and stuff.
#22DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/8/2010 7:50:10 PM
The Killstreak reward I want the most is an epic voice saying things like "RAMPAGE!!" for 4 kills, "UNSTOPPABLE!" for 5 kills, etc. I actually even prefer that over an XP multiplier. Bonus XP can be given other ways.

This. Except it should be Killing Spree for 5, Rampage for 10, Dominating for 15, Unstoppable for 20, and godlike for 25.
Bonus exp never hurts, and actually, refilling ammo would be kinda neat. Just none of this airstrike insta-win crap.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#23Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2010 10:50:40 AM
I like how it is already kinda.

3-Killing Spree, 5-Massacre,10-KillFest, 15-Killcity, 20-REIGN OF TERROR

I just didn't like that it took too much work for a 10x multiplier. 20 points per kill sucks.
#24HosefePosted 7/9/2010 1:06:51 PM
Killstreak rewards, such as ammo refill or other things that affect you as a player and not many other people would be interesting. Nothing that makes it easier for you to get a kill directly though (the conduit idea is a neat one too) because direct ones ruin a game and are too much of an appeal for people to abuse. I would prefer to have the XP bonuses from Tcon, and maybe with the currency intergrated so for the third kill you get an extra Dao, 4th kill 2 extra and so on.
---
Daos for currency in Conduit 2
#25Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2010 1:11:50 PM
"Daos" aren't confirmed yet, but I get what you mean. How would someone abuse killstreaks though? If you wanted to get another killstreak award, you would have to get another killstreak. It's not like its something readily available.

I think it would make the game a little more interesting and fun. Again, like i said before merely a xp multiplier isn't all that great. After a while, they just become numbers. It would be better if there's more of an edge to them.
#26ByRequestPosted 7/9/2010 1:26:51 PM
How would someone abuse killstreaks though? If you wanted to get another killstreak award, you would have to get another killstreak. It's not like its something readily available.

Helichaining in CoD is an example of abusing killstreaks. People can choose not to use helicopters until after they die, thus allowing these to contribute to their new killstreak so they can get killstreaks more easily their next life (and possibly another heli).

I like the idea of getting an exp or currency bonus for the killstreak because it rewards the player for getting a killstreak without putting other players at a disadvantage.
---
CoD:WaW FC-1762 6590 1447 "Scruffy"
CoD:MWii FC - 1712 4204 3278 "Fra9 Sinatr4"
#27Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2010 1:29:19 PM
They could just make the game so that killstreaks can't be chained. Have you thought of that?
#28ByRequestPosted 7/9/2010 1:50:09 PM
Yes, but people dislike killstreaks beyond their ability to chain them. Some people don't like the idea of giving someone who is already doing well an even greater advantage.
---
CoD:WaW FC-1762 6590 1447 "Scruffy"
CoD:MWii FC - 1712 4204 3278 "Fra9 Sinatr4"
#29Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2010 10:32:04 AM
That's being negative. I tend to look at killstreaks as an incentive to play better and play more. Plus, killstreak awards are not as game breaking as people in this board make them out to be.

With careful thoughts to balance them out, it could have been possible to implement killstreaks into this game.