Does the AR-C Eclipse fire on negative-edge?

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 7/8/2010 8:55:44 PM
If cloaking is a charge-function, it'd make sense that way.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#2elheberPosted 7/8/2010 9:00:53 PM
I think most (if not all) guns that have a charge function fire on upon button release. It's really the only way they make sense.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#37Nobody5Posted 7/8/2010 9:03:12 PM
so do you make the initial shot imidiately after de-cloaking then

or do you simply de-cloak without firing after releasing the button.
#4SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 9:05:47 PM

so do you make the initial shot imidiately after de-cloaking then

or do you simply de-cloak without firing after releasing the button.

You probably (hopefully) de-cloak without shooting. It doesn't make much sense to force you to shoot when you drop your cloak.
---
#57Nobody5Posted 7/8/2010 9:06:28 PM
^ makes sense.
#6elheberPosted 7/8/2010 9:11:42 PM
We know the Eclipse's normal fire heats up the gun, while the charge function cools the gun down. We also know that the hotter the Eclipse gets, the more damage normal fire does, and that the cool down function cloaks the player.

What I assume happens is: As soon as the Eclipse gets cold enough, you cloak. You stay cloaked temporarily while the gun is still cold. When you fire, the gun heats up quickly eliminating the cloak. I'm not sure if you stay cloaked while firing the cold gun, but I know the shots won't do much damage when cold anyway.
---
#7SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 9:21:59 PM
Could be that way. It could also be: The Eclipse's "ammo bar" is the temp gauge, which increases when firing and decreases when cloaking. The gauge also has a constant normalizing rate toward some point (middle, a little warmer, a little cooler, etc) which is a slow rate.

Yours makes sense too, of course. Just a couple of possibilities.
---
#8UltimateFlame13Posted 7/8/2010 9:34:02 PM

What I assume happens is: As soon as the Eclipse gets cold enough, you cloak. You stay cloaked temporarily while the gun is still cold. When you fire, the gun heats up quickly eliminating the cloak. I'm not sure if you stay cloaked while firing the cold gun, but I know the shots won't do much damage when cold anyway.

The temperature of the gun is not what causes it to cloak. You activate the cloak yourself, and the cloak affects the temperature of the gun. When you hold the charge it cloaks you. As you're cloaked the gun is getting colder. If it gets too cold the gun freezes, uncloaks you, and you have to go through an animation of breaking the ice off. If you release the B button at any time you stop cloaking. The gun will not auto-cloak you just because you aren't firing to heat it up. As a further explanation think of it on a line spectrum like this...

Frozen|---------|Cold|--------|Normal|---------|Hot|--------|Overheated

The gun is always wanting to gradually move back towards normal. If you're to the right of normal the gun will be cooling down to hit normal; if you're to the left of normal the gun will be warming up to hit normal. You can affect what state its in in two ways. You only go onto the cold spectrum of the line when you are in cloak, and if you stay in cloak too long you hit frozen; which activates the animation to bash the ice off and return the gun to normal. When you're firing you get closer to hot, but if you hit overheated then you go into an animation to cool the gun back down to normal. The closer you are to overheating without actually overheating the stronger the gun is.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#9SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 9:40:58 PM
Hi there, Flame. >_>
---
#10elheberPosted 7/8/2010 9:41:39 PM
FYI, I never said the gun auto cloaks you. I said the charge function cools the gun down.

Your explanation makes most sense, BTW.
---