About the box art.

#31SmallerRidleyPosted 7/9/2010 3:31:30 PM
Ford runs into other "Mr. Fords" from other countries that are also fighting against Adams.

I really hope that isn't true.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#32The_ShaderPosted 7/9/2010 3:43:34 PM
Nation Treasure was about a secret in our nation that our fore fathers have covered up.

The Conduit is about a government conspiracy said to cover up the existence of aliens and the war against them.

Both are very similar in their way about symbols.

Whats one of the most common symbol across America? how about the 'all seeing eye pyramid' on the american dollar? By taking that pyramid and changing into a special covert agency and putting onto the Box Art with Alien symbols everywhere.... HVS couldn't have shown what the game was about any better.

OUR government, OUR country, ALIENS, and conspiracy.... the normal box art does NOT make people think these things. The original box art makes you think sci-fi, and bugs. it reminds me of Starship Troopers.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#33Ian_KovichPosted 7/9/2010 8:23:52 PM
Whats one of the most common symbol across America? how about the 'all seeing eye pyramid' on the american dollar? By taking that pyramid and changing into a special covert agency and putting onto the Box Art with Alien symbols everywhere.... HVS couldn't have shown what the game was about any better.

OUR government, OUR country, ALIENS, and conspiracy.... the normal box art does NOT make people think these things. The original box art makes you think sci-fi, and bugs. it reminds me of Starship Troopers.

I sincerely doubt that the average customer would get all that without researching the actual game. You're probably speaking as a fan that's followed the series for some time now, so the little details make sense at least to you; however, anyone that's never seen anything about the game wouldn't pick up anything from the special edition box art.
---
I do not like Nintendo games. Zelda is a Nintendo game. 3DDGH is not a Nintendo game. Thus, it is entirely logical that I like 3DDGH and not Zelda. -Xtaceous
#34LigersRulePosted 7/9/2010 8:35:00 PM
That's because they don't need to. Your gamestop must have messed up, because the Special Edition was supposed to be pre-order only. It shouldn't exist on store shelves.

It does show a conspiracy aspect. It doesn't show what type of game it is, though. Maybe it was a conspiracy based version of Wii Music?
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#35UltimateFlame13Posted 7/9/2010 8:49:03 PM
It doesn't really convey the conspiracies and whatnot that someone would expect who's played or followed the game, but I don't really think that its overall purpose.

What you think of when you first look at a boxart is important. For the first games normal boxart it seemed a little cheesy action movie to me; which doesn't do much to attract buyers other than just curiosity or humor. The limited edition had more of a mysterious feel to it, but to anyone who doesn't care or know about that mystery it seems a little plain and wasn't obviously an fps.

This second games boxart doesn't really convey the conspiracy element, but for me when I first looked at it I though it looked like an awesome sci-fi shooter. That's a pretty good message to be sending out to anyone scanning a display that has tons of wii games. It needs to draw the average consumers eye. Conspiracies and mystery don't always interest your everyday fps fan. We also haven't seen the back cover either though, so maybe they have some trust symbols or whatever hiding back there.

I have a feeling there will be a limited edition that will cater to fans wanting the boxart to reflect the conspiracies within the game. Any boxart that you get for pre-ordering doesn't really have to draw in the attention of shoppers, so they could be a bit more free to do something that would really excite the fans. Either way though, the games boxart looks awesome.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#36The_ShaderPosted 7/9/2010 8:58:12 PM
Yeah, the new box art definitely isn't conveying any sense of 'conspiracy'. But seeing how this sequel unveils all the secrets and features more war then the first, the new box art may be perfect.

Atlantis is found, the Annunaki are moving, Mr. Ford is getting closer to catching Adams... This box art is perfect for this game.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"