This is starting to sound a little derivative...

#1wilzthewildPosted 7/9/2010 8:49:28 PM

The whole new multiplayer things with the "perks" and the loadout and the 2 grenades and limited jumping and faster killing is starting to sound a whole lot like call of duty. I'm worried that the devs aren't really thinking outside the box enough in terms of new innovative gameplay. I know its tough, but I already own one CoD, and I don't really want another one. I think they should keep some of the stuff from TC1 that made it unique- i mean there was no other wii game where I could have 6 grenades, or where I could jump 6 feet up or that I would have to get shot quite a bit to die. I liked the lock on, I liked the ammo boxes, I liked the weapon sets and the wide array of balanced weapons. I feel like theyre taking away a lot of what made the first conduit so great to me just to cater to gamers who don't want to adjust or think outside their call of duty- framed minds.

#2SmallerRidleyPosted 7/9/2010 8:52:30 PM
Minority opinion vs Everyone else + the devs
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#3UltimateFlame13Posted 7/9/2010 9:00:28 PM

The whole new multiplayer things with the "perks" and the loadout and the 2 grenades and limited jumping and faster killing is starting to sound a whole lot like call of duty

The guns aren't going to be killing you that fast. If you watch some gameplay it took a little over a full clip from the full-auto scar to kill someone. They didn't have pinpoint headshot accuracy, but it's still much longer than a CoD death. I also think you're looking at this too generally. Yes it has suit upgrades, but you have to consider the suit upgrades it has. One allows you to shoot players to heal them. Sounds like call of duty? Not really. Only in the general idea. You also have to remember this is a sci-fi fps. You're going to be getting weapons that are drastically different and more creative than a CoD game.

I liked the lock on, I liked the ammo boxes, I liked the weapon sets and the wide array of balanced weapons. I feel like theyre taking away a lot of what made the first conduit so great to me just to cater to gamers who don't want to adjust or think outside their call of duty- framed minds.

The only thing they've taken away from what you listed is the ammo boxes and weapon sets. Which were really more of problems than anything. They still have a wide range of creative and balanced (well, we're trusting they're balanced) weapons. Can you shoot through walls in CoD? Nope. In CoD can you wield a gun that overheats but is more powerful the hotter it gets; as well as having a cloak function that cools the gun down and freezes it if you stay cloaked too long? Nope

It really sounds like you're overreacting, or just trolling. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt for now cause I think I remember seeing you post here before. Just step back, take a look at what the games offering, and then look at CoD. Look at the specifics. Right now it just seems like you're going "omg class setup, omg less nades, omg less jumping, OMG COD!" That could be said for tons of games, not just CoD and C2.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 7/9/2010 9:02:59 PM

Can you shoot through walls in CoD? Nope.

Actually, now that I look at that I think I should rephrase that. "Do you have a sniper that can see and shoot through walls in CoD" is a bit better lol. First way i put it could be mistaken for bullet penetration.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#5VermineaterPosted 7/9/2010 9:06:30 PM
Honestly, everything nowadays is a derivative of something before it. That's how progress slowly happens...

Though, being a derivative can be bad, it seems this game is taking just the right cues, and not going to embody them completely.
---
VE - http://www.formspring.me/Vermineater
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/9/2010 9:14:44 PM
This actually looks more like FEAR2 than CoD. CoD made a very basic formula that was inherently flawed, but fun. It didn't evolve much from that, but the one time it did, it had a really good idea: perks.
The problem with CoD is they didn't change the broken core gameplay and refine it into something good, which various other games have. Bad Company 2, for example. Also, a sort of "aim mode" had evolved from as far back as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, though the first modern incarnation of ADS wasn't seen until considerably later, where you could switch from hip-fire to shoulder-fire by holding a button down. This became ADS, which is basically the same thing, but more refined and intuitive.
On top of that, Sprint has been around since the days of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, but again, was just refined to make it more restrictive and unique, adding another layer of depth.

So, basically, while a lot of ideas look like they're from CoD, it's not that the feature is in, but how it's used that determines if the game is derivative or not. It's not like this is Goldeneye007 Wii, which is a shameless CoD clone, right down to the amount of health characters and the timing of all the actions.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#7CelticLink94Posted 7/9/2010 9:46:41 PM
^See, when I was watching that gameplay video of Goldeneye wii, it didn't seem like a CoD clone to me... as a matter of fact, it reminded me more of the original than of CoD. Seemed more run and gun than shoot, duck, shoot, run, shoot, duck that makes up a CoD game.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#8The_ShaderPosted 7/9/2010 9:50:15 PM
TC is trolling obviously.

Oh and theres a game out there called Halo: Reach who is also getting perks, and sprinting.

:) cant wait, SEE YOU THERE TROLL! :D
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#9wilzthewild(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 10:09:19 AM

i wasn't actually trolling

I guess I just didn't really think this through enough before posting but now I realize I was wrong it's derivitive but improves on things that came before and adds its own twist

#10The_ShaderPosted 7/11/2010 1:50:27 PM
oh so when you realize Halo is getting some CoD stuff like sprinting and perks, its no longer a bad thing for other games to have them...

Dude, this is gonna be better then CoD for very simple reasons. NO ****ING NOOB TUBE's! no Danger Close to make noob tubes stronger, AND no One Man Army to get infinite noob tubes!!!

if any game starts using perks WITHOUT bull **** like noob tubes, are immediately better then CoD. Conduit 2 is just improvement OVERALL. To say otherwise would just make me think you have a infinit, powerful, noob tube class -_-
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"