So if there's no DLC, is there any other way to add content?

#1Aile_WingPosted 7/10/2010 1:15:51 PM
In the Sega Addicts podcast, an employee of HVS (whose name escapes me) said that DLC in the form of maps and weapons is not being pursued. Is there any other way to add content? The only way that I could think up would be to sell SD cards that had content on them. The game would read the content off of these cards, of course. However, seeing as I don't know very much about computers and programming and all that jazz, it may not even work. I do know though that the game would have to be programmed to accept content from an SD card.

What do you guys think? Would this idea work? Are there any other ways to add content to Conduit 2?
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#2ddd87Posted 7/10/2010 1:46:11 PM
Anything that used SD cards might be vulnerable for hacking.

I would think of Mario Kart Wii and its tournaments, every two weeks a new challenge is presented with special maps items enemies and rules.
#3LilroscoPosted 7/10/2010 2:44:52 PM
I doubt it would work out if they sold the content on a SD. One being that HVS will have to shed out more funds for mass production for the SD/content. Second someone could easily get a hold of one and then copy the data and sell it themselves. What they could do as someone mentioned before me is have special events where you can unlock special content already on the disc or like some games have small tweaks to allow double xp or credz/Daos for a set time.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/10/2010 4:38:08 PM
That's not really extra content, though...

And if they're going to sell cards with content, they might as well just sell the content online via digital distribution, since SD cards can be read by a PC easily.
Though, for that matter, pay DLC is pretty lame anyway. It's one thing if they were actually selling a full expansion pack, like a mission pack or something, as was done with older PC games, but for a few maps...? That's a plague of modern console gaming that should hurry up and die.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2010 8:20:43 PM
I didn't think about the problems with pirating and whatnot, but I didn't have in mind a few maps per card, but rather a large amount. Otherwise having to pay for several SD cards would add quite a bit to the overall price of the extra content.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)