EACH weapon should have it's own unique melee

#1elheberPosted 7/10/2010 4:18:31 PM
I posted this idea on the "Handgun?" thread (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/55540161) and someone suggested this deserved its own thread. So here it is verbatim:

EACH weapon should have it's own unique melee. Each with it's own cool melee animation... Some have strong melees, some are faster, some have more range, some have unique effects (such as stun, knockback, etc.), the list goes on.

This would be completely unique to FPS games, and the Conduit franchise would be the first. At least, I think it would be. Am I wrong?

Yeah, it'd be like each weapon has a Melee Alt. Fire. For example, the SPAS might have a 2-stage powerful but slow melee attack where you swing the butt of the shotgun down to the enemy's groin, then shoot the face while the shotgun is pointing upward. The advantage of it is that it might be a one hit kill if you can get the enemy with both hits. The drawback would be that it takes up ammo, requires a pump after the melee attack, and leaves you vulnerable during the animation.

Or with the Eclipse, for example, you'd ram the muzzle of the gun into the enemy as you swing it. If the Eclipse was hot, it'd do extra damage from searing the enemy, and if it was cold (like during cloaking) it'd stun the enemy for a split second).
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/10/2010 4:35:21 PM
This is a pretty cool idea, but I think it might be too far into development for it.

Maybe for Conduit 3?
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#3Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 7/10/2010 5:17:23 PM
I think that this would be nice, because it would add a whole new level of balance to weapons. Also, it would look awesome (hopefully).
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 7/10/2010 5:24:23 PM
Would be cool if done well. I don't think they would have enough time to do it right though if they still plan on making a winter release.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#5SmallerRidleyPosted 7/10/2010 5:50:49 PM
Does Conduit 2 really need taunt-kills?
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#6FEStrataPosted 7/10/2010 6:20:02 PM
Why do you need this unique melee weapon? This game already is packed with the amount of data stored in each case so putting this in and taking something out is completely useless.
---
CoD: MWR 4093-1302-2854 MI|~iFes~ MI|PhronZ
Flare Equinox Strata ~ Long live Xenon Force.
#7tconslayerPosted 7/10/2010 6:37:17 PM

Now mabey not the different effects and all the speed yes but like stunin and that prob not but it would be nice and all to c some cool melees and all like hive cannon sticks to face and blasts him ur somethin

#8elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2010 8:08:59 PM
I just thought it was a nice and unique idea. I'm sure this is way too late in development to make it in, but if there's a Conduit 3, this should be in.

Why do you need this unique melee weapon? This game already is packed with the amount of data stored in each case so putting this in and taking something out is completely useless.

It isn't a unique melee weapon. I'm suggesting each weapon has a unique melee attack, just like every weapon has a unique alternate fire. Furthermore, an addition like this would barely require any additional space since it'd use assets that already exist. In other words, there'd be no need for new textures or sounds or models, since they'd just use the existing weapon models. Animation and code takes very little space.

You should never be thinking that any new addition to a game means that it must be at the expense of the removal of some other part of the game.
---
#9FEStrataPosted 7/10/2010 9:24:06 PM
You mistook my point. Who cares if it's little space. It's still space, and space will eventually be full. I never said anything about thinking I should remove something did I?

Oh great.
---
CoD: MWR 4093-1302-2854 MI|~iFes~ MI|PhronZ
Flare Equinox Strata ~ Long live Xenon Force.
#10elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2010 9:42:21 PM
You mistook my point. Who cares if it's little space. It's still space, and space will eventually be full. I never said anything about thinking I should remove something did I?

Look, dude, I don't want to get any deeper into this than I've already gone. Here's what you said:

Take this suggestion for what it is. It's a nice idea that in all likelihood will not happen (at least not for this game) but is completely within the realm of doable. You can't think every new addition comes at the expense of removing something else, else they wouldn't have been able to give us a "hardcore" mode unless you think it was at the expense of some other mode or feature they removed. Developers always find ways of squeezing more out of a system, and this suggestion isn't even resource-intensive at all.
---