Cover Art

#1MrFigsworthPosted 7/11/2010 10:15:22 AM
Okay, the new suits look like Master Chief, this I have a slight problem with. HVS already has taken from the popular series already what with the halo elite reject voices for the mites and the drones. I liked the fact that Mr. Ford's armor was not big and overly clunky like the other Sci Fi FPS games out there, it gave it a realist edge. The Trust Armor we saw was like a more advanced and interesting full body armor that you would see in today's military forces. The game only takes place a couple of years in the future, not several hundred like halo. It gave the Conduit a real classic sci fi feel, like how steam punk gives the Victorian era a sci fi feel. It took the parts we have today and did some things with them to make them unique. The Trust armor is a spec ops armor, it glows in places and has readouts that give information. Looking at the Conduit 2 cover art was a bit of a disappointment for me, I missed seeing the rogue agents face with the glasses. That's the thing, Mr. Ford is a secret agent given the tools to survive in a situation that should be the death of him. He didn't look like a walking tank, he still retained that "agent" feel. I'm kind of sad to see it change for the second one.

Is anyone else of the same mindset as me? If not, that's okay. I just think that the "Modern" feel of the technology and design was part of what gave Conduit its charm. Comments welcome.
#2MegamanZX2255Posted 7/11/2010 10:32:46 AM
Do we need another topic of this really plus who cares it looks freaken great.
---
Zelda Skyward Sword will change zelda forever
#3Brownprouder23Posted 7/11/2010 10:32:46 AM
I think it's mainly to attract other people into the game. Conduit 2 is going to have tough competition when it comes out, so it has to try its best to catch the attention of other people. Sad to say, most people that don't know anything about a game judge it based on its cover.

If the cover art appealed to only the fanbase, then only the fanbase would buy it.
#4ddd87Posted 7/11/2010 10:34:21 AM
Maybe its a spoiler of the future of Mr Ford.
After all, the game is more closer to a war theme.
#5MegamanZX2255Posted 7/11/2010 10:34:35 AM
Omg i never had a same time post before lol
---
Zelda Skyward Sword will change zelda forever
#6UltimateFlame13Posted 7/11/2010 10:36:48 AM
Do we know that the guy on the front cover is Ford? No. It could just be generic Trust Agent #2665. Actually I hope it is, that guys awesome. Just had him over at my house for dinner last night. Was a little awkward at first, but after I got him to leave his gun at the door it all went well.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#7MrFigsworth(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 10:51:15 AM
Sorry if I posted another similar topic, but I was away from internet for around 4 days and thus out of touch. It's called being at a con and seeing Kevin Sorbo. I was also working as I was part of crew, thus lack of sleep...bleh.

But yeah, I know its a move to attract a different audience, I just liked the "not master chief" look from before. Thanks for the comments, and the random trust agent comment was amusing. As for Mr. Ford of the future, that makes some sense. He is going to be getting more upgrades from wandering around Atlantis, and that's alien tech right there. I still like the old Trust armor though. We;ll see I guess.
#8FFadiktPosted 7/11/2010 12:31:46 PM
Sorry to ask but, does anyone have a link for the cover art? Or any art of Ford as well?
#9LHS_2012Posted 7/11/2010 12:33:44 PM
http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/Conduit_2.jpg
---
Pkmn friend code: 2363 8637 0163
#10metroidfan66Posted 7/11/2010 12:54:21 PM

I was thinking almost the exact same thing. A lot of people heve been saying how they dont think its Mr. Ford in the Iron Man/Halo armor, though.