ADS Needs Its Own Sensitivity Settings

#1elheberPosted 7/12/2010 9:18:24 PM
I've mentioned it before but I've not made a topic on this yet.

It seems many guns now have ironsights, or a scope, or a viewfinder. It's assumed that, like in every other game with Aiming Down Sights, that when you ADS the aim speed/sensitivity decreases substantially. If this is all ADS does in Conduit 2, that'd be OK.

But considering The Conduit is known for exceptionally customizable controls, I would like the game to have a separate sensitivity settings menu for ADS. Like, some players might want ADS to have drastic sensitivity changes while others might want ADS to barely affect their aim. Or you might want the ADS deadzone to be different than your normal deadzone. Or you might want ADS to lock vertical look speed and use high vertical head-tilt instead.

This is one of those suggestions that can be added late in the development cycle. Please, please have this. Please.

This and Daos. Have Daos too.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#2coolman229Posted 7/12/2010 9:25:37 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. I want seperate sensitivity settings for ADS too. Let's make a commotion like we did for Daos!
---
We're glad we won you over to the fight for the earth.
Currently playing: Cave Story, Majora's Mask (VC), Brawl (still), Mega Man 9, Okami
#3The_ShaderPosted 7/13/2010 12:16:04 AM
hmm... this is kinda odd... if you have ADS with high sensitivity, you can quickly aim around from target to target, leaving you little reason to NOT be aiming down the sights.

i'll only agree to this if movement is severely limited while using ADS.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/13/2010 12:57:09 AM
ADS centers your gun down the middle of the screen and reduces your FOV, leaving you open to attack from the sides, and making it harder to see what's directly ahead of you.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5The_ShaderPosted 7/13/2010 1:10:14 AM
Theres a misunderstanding.

i think (while using ADS) being able to, very quickly, look around in front of you is a bad thing. (even if you cant turn)

So... to make up for this, i hope your character movement is severely limited. (cuz you can just quickly leave ADS and return in order to aim at a guy at your sides or whatever)

i hope this clears things up.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/13/2010 5:46:16 AM
No misunderstanding. I'm just explaining what other downsides ADS has.
Personally, I think ADS should adjust your turning to reflect the new FOV. Slower movement wouldn't bother me, either, since most games do that. It shouldn't be as slow as crouching, though.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#7elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2010 7:40:28 AM
Easy solution Shader. Some of the sensitivity settings for ADS could simply be "reduction". You could set a high reduction or a low reduction for your turn speed, for example, so ADS never makes you turn faster than your normal turn speed. The same can be done with other sensitivity settings, though not all (like the deadzone or the head-tilt).

That said, I have to disagree with you Shader. One of the good things about low sensitivity ADS is that you get to make precision shots. If someone wants to toy around with their settings so they can do a 180 while in an ADS, it's their call... they'll lose the pointer accuracy in exchange, but it's their call. High sensitivity isn't better or worse than low sensitivity; they both have their pros and cons. So I'd want the player to have the freedom to change the ADS settings to their likings.
---
#8ChrobertPosted 7/13/2010 7:44:23 AM
I'd like to see it so people can't camp around a blind corner with ADS and just kill rack up kills. And I know some of you are saying "Well just use a frag." but without weapon caches some maps might not have frags, and if I'm understanding correctly 'nades are not part of your weapon loadouts.
---
Q: What's beethoven's favorite fruit?
A: Banananaa!!!
#9elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2010 8:00:18 AM
ADS = Aim Down Sights

It means looking down the ironsights of an MP5 or through the scope of the AC-R Eclipse.
---
#10ChrobertPosted 7/13/2010 8:03:03 AM
I know what it means, I'm saying I don't want people to just camp Aiming Down the Sights at head level and just rack up kills.
---
Q: What's beethoven's favorite fruit?
A: Banananaa!!!