Agent Ford in Smash Bros.

#1elheberPosted 7/12/2010 9:59:40 PM
Coolman posted an interview with Bill Sullivan (lead designer of Con2) in a recent thread. The interview had someone ask Bill what the chances of Ford being in Smash Bros, and Bill said he might mention it to Sega (who had Sonic on SSBB). Even though I think he just said it for the heck of it.

Still. If Ford was in Smash Bros., what would be his moveset? Or his specials? What guns would he take into the fight?
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#2Fluxy1223Posted 7/12/2010 10:03:56 PM
he could be like snake
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name.
#3UltimateFlame13Posted 7/12/2010 10:27:48 PM
Here's my first thoughts. Kind of sad that its hard to fit all of his cool guns and grenades into a moveset :(

A moves/aerials:

assorted punches and kicks. Nothing too special here

B: (2 ideas for this one)

Radiation Grenades-
Throws them out and they stick to other players or the terrain. Does continuous damage to anyone near them. Disappear after a bit of time and only a certain amount of them can be out at once.

or

SCAR- every time you tap B you fire it's 3 shot burst in the direction you are facing.. (more boring, but I figure this would be the most expected move to have).

B Forward- Shrieker
Works a lot like Pits controllable arrows except there's a small explosion when the shot hits something.

B Down- Aegis Device
Hold down to catch any projectiles and throws them back after its released. Get hit by too many projectiles and it fails. If you hold it out too long and it runs out of energy it will need to recharge. Can move while this is out.

B Up- Carbonizer? (I have no idea for this one honestly. I can't think of anything he uses that would help him get some height)
Points the carbonizer straight down and it propels him in a somewhat controllable upward direction as well as hitting anyone below. The carbonizer can only keep up the fire for so long before it gives out and Ford once again begins falling.

Final Smash: Pulls out the AR-C Eclipse and cloaks to escape from the screen. Just in time too because the leviathan appears to whips its tentacles around the stage and fires it's gg laser at everyone.

Taunts:
1. Pulls out the ASE to let it hover in his hands and scan around a bit
2. Takes a drink of orange soda
3. Some kind of pose with a gun and a cool quote.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#4BrownsM1Posted 7/12/2010 11:15:47 PM
^ his qoute for 3 could be "Sometimes one man is all it takes" or something like that
---
http://m1site.tk
MWReflex FC: 4994-0070-9017
#5UltimateFlame13Posted 7/12/2010 11:25:25 PM

^ his qoute for 3 could be "Sometimes one man is all it takes" or something like that

yeah that would be a good one

B Forward- Shrieker
Works a lot like Pits controllable arrows except there's a small explosion when the shot hits something.

Forgot to mention that this can fire off 3 at a time like the regular shrieker in game. They're harder to control and you have a longer amount of time before you can fire it again if you shoot all 3 out at once.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
#6Neo-ganonPosted 7/12/2010 11:43:19 PM

dude, that would be so cool if he was in brawl! he would probably be a snake clone tho, which isnt very original

and, of course, they would have to actually make a new ssb game...

#7The_ShaderPosted 7/12/2010 11:56:31 PM
- Mr. Fords move set
(some of Mr. Ford's moves change depending on his last used weapon, to make him unique)

Normal B (Deatomizer MK4) = Equips Deatomizer MK4 and fires a 3 round burst. limited range, shoots only forward, and doesn't flinch enemys unless all 3 energy shots hit.

Forward B (Strike Rifle. hold only) = Equipping the Striker, Mr. Ford becomes stationary and stands tall to aim properly. He starts charging the Striker and you're able to aim it any direction, even below you. The alien weapon charges in 3.5 seconds, and has 3 stages of fire. Below 1.5 second has no projectiles. After 1.5 seconds is a small triangle of bio-mass with limited range. At 2.5 seconds, the gun is fully charged for a long range laser beam, the gun automatically goes off after 3.5 seconds.

Down B (Random Grenade, no holding) = Mr. Ford tosses one of his 3 grenades. The throws are a set distance, and velocity. 45% chance to throw a Hand Grenade, it has high bounce and a small blast radius (7% Damage, 9% if its a direct hit). 35% is a a Flash Grenade, no bounce, it explodes at first impact. if it explodes in front of an opponent, they get stunned for awhile. (2% Damage total, only those who are stunned gets hurt). 20% chance is the Radiation Grenade. Also no bounce, it sticks to the first thing it touches, and stays there. it hurts whatevers near and does 5% damage at a 2 second interval, 5 times. (25% damage maximum)

Up B = Trust Suit High Jump. Mr. Ford does a second, rather quick, mid-air jump. (a pure recovery move.)

Normal A (unequips current weapon) = a very fast 2 hit combo. A quick right straight, then a left hook. (3%, 5%)

Forward Mid-A (No Weapon) = A forward sweep with the right leg. Weak, but quick with good range, it connects with his Normal A. (5%)
(Weapons Special) Mr. Ford performs a two hit semi-smash with the weapon he used last. it has shorter range, but is stronger. Cant connect before/after Normal A (10%)

Down Mid-A (unequips weapon) = Mr. Ford kicks down low then hops a step backwards. Quick move, it moves him a bit backwards. Very helpful with his Normal B.

Up Mid-A = Mr. Ford leans to his and jams his right arm's elbow upward. Good reach, but purely vertical.

Forward Smash (Nothing Equipped) = Mr. Ford takes a step back, and beginr twisting his torso. His suit sparks electricity over the stress, Mr. Ford then unwinds leading with a right hook, then a midair sweep with his left leg. (5%, 12%. When fully charged, 12% then 19%.)
(With any Weapon) = Mr. Ford takes a step back and twists his torso just like before, but holds and charges his last used weapon. Mr. Ford then jams the weapon forward and shoots a charged shot. (6%, 6%, no projectile. Fully charged is 6%, then 26% with any weapon. This smash is really slow, but much more versatile and useful, because it shoots a projectile.

Down Smash (Carbonizer) = Mr. Ford crouches and begins shooting the Carbonizer to husband side. the longer you charge the smash, the bigger the carbonizer gets. After release Micheal swings the Carbonizer around him, aiming at the ground. 8% in front and back with no charge. With charge, its 15% infront and 20% behind him.

Up Smash (Shrieker) = Mr. Ford sits down to his side and begins loading the Shrieker, then aims up and fires the alien bio-mass. No charge fires 1 shrieking ammo, fully shoots 3. Each shot hits for 8% damage, and they fly upward in a very quick, spiral pattern. This is Mr. Fords quickest weapon smash.

(i am ****ing DONE)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#8The_ShaderPosted 7/12/2010 11:58:29 PM
(Mr. Ford has no air attacks in my move list, because i ran out of space to type, and i stopped caring >_> )
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#9elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2010 8:29:13 AM
Flame, the SCAR, I believe, would be out of the question for the same reason Snake doesn't have any guns. Oh, but man, I can't think of an Up B either.

Shader, where are the Con2 weapons? But I like the idea of whatever his last equipped weapon changing his moveset. Here's my setup:

Neutral B - Phase Rifle. Think of this as a long-range Falcon Punch in that is slow to execute, and you are completely immobile and vulnerable while performing it. Hold B and a targeting reticule appears... you must use the analog to keep this reticule on an enemy until the heat signature identifier beeps, then you can fire at will. The shot will go through walls, but it can be shielded or evaded with proper timing. It's the ultimate anti-camp machine.

Forward B - Aegis Device. You can't move while holding B, but capture any physical projectiles in the vicinity and can shoot them back in any direction using the Analog to aim. The Aegis Device has the side effect of pulling you toward the direction you're pointing the device (like a carrot does to a horse), so you can use it as a 3rd jump by pointing upward.

Down B - AC-R Eclipse. Ford shoots the Eclipse from a crouched position if you tap it. Sort of like Fox's Laser except the more you shoot the hotter the gun gets and the more damage each shot does, and it can overheat. If you hold B you cloak and stay cloaked until the gun jams. You're completely invisible for about 3 seconds or so (so the only way of knowing where you are is just keeping track of your controller movements) giving you time to reposition yourself on the battlefield or maybe hide the startup lag of some strong move.

Up B - Hive Cannon. By holding B, Ford fires the wasp-things full-auto upward at a slight angle. They start off really accurate but become erratic the longer you hold it. This in itself is a nice edge-guarding technique. By tapping B, Ford shoots the nectar ball in an arc. No matter where it lands, the wasp-things will curve toward it. If it lands on an enemy, or the enemy steps on it, the wasp-things will curve to seek him out. Even if the nectar ball is on the environment, you can still use it to your advantage to make your wasp-things not fly straight upward, making them curve so they have a more offensive trajectory.

Ford's Smash Attacks are his grenades, and like most smash attacks, they have considerable startup lag. Down Smash is a Flashbang that stuns enemies near him; the closer they are the longer the stun lasts. Forward Smash is a Radiation Grenade that sticks to the enemy or ground; depending on how long you hold the smash, he could throw it really close or really far. Up Smash is a regular Frag Grenade you throw straight up; if you don't charge it, you get time to jump and catch it to throw it somewhere else.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#10UltimateFlame13Posted 7/13/2010 8:39:57 AM

Flame, the SCAR, I believe, would be out of the question for the same reason Snake doesn't have any guns.

oh yeah I forgot about that. So yeah, it would just be rad nades in my set up then.
---