The Conduit is derivative.

#1DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/13/2010 8:38:57 PM
So, let's compile a list of all the games it copied, and in what way. If you think there's a better match, say so.

Alien Design: Starcraft
Human Design: FEAR 2
Conspiracy Object Design: FEAR 2
Weapon Animation: Hard to say, actually...
Alien Animation: Halo
Human Animation: FEAR 2
Blood Splatter: FEAR 2(noticing a pattern?)
Environment Design: Chaser
Effect Design: Unreal Engine 3
Lighting Design: Perfect Dark
Alien Voice: Halo
Human Voice: FEAR 2
Story: Doom?

Anything else?
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#2SmallerRidleyPosted 7/13/2010 8:49:20 PM

Lighting Design: Perfect Dark

I lol'd
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#3DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2010 8:53:29 PM
It's true. Shoot a gun in The Conduit. Notice how almost all the walls in the room light up, and it uses flat shading?
Do the same in Perfect Dark, and watch as the identical lighting system is used in a N64 game. :p
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4SmallerRidleyPosted 7/13/2010 9:01:22 PM
It's a pun. ( /)_-)
---
#5DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2010 9:15:47 PM
Buh?
---
#6SmallerRidleyPosted 7/13/2010 9:18:43 PM
The LIGHTING is based on perfect DARK.
---
#7LigersRulePosted 7/13/2010 9:21:35 PM
Being a video game: FEAR:2 *audible gasp*

If only original games are good, then the last good game I know of to come out was Katamari Damacy. Seriously.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#8DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2010 9:27:28 PM
That's horrible. Seriously, what kind of person thinks of something like that?

And to the other person; did you just read the topic and then stop thinking while you posted that, or what?
---
#9LigersRulePosted 7/13/2010 9:29:52 PM
And to the other person; did you just read the topic and then stop thinking while you posted that, or what?

Well, I fail to see any point to this topic if you were just listing things that the game took from other places. I assumed you were viewing this as negative, unless you admit that this topic was pretty much a waste of space.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#10BrownsM1Posted 7/13/2010 9:34:33 PM
I think weapon animation is also Halo. at least when using the USP45 and punching. play TCon and Halo 1 and punch while holding the pistol and you'll notice that Ford and Master Chief both flip the gun after they punch with it.
---
http://m1site.tk
MWReflex FC: 4994-0070-9017