The Conduit is derivative.

#21tconslayerPosted 7/14/2010 12:25:02 PM

Ya from the very beginin of gamin games ripped eachother off

#22PedroMontanaPosted 7/14/2010 1:17:28 PM
Well, lets have a look at the story, just for fun:

- The game is named after a portal that can be used to tavel to space, just like in Stargate.
- Behind the Stargate/Conduit is a hostile alien race with superior technology, like in Stargate.
- There is a secret conspiracy group called the Trust that wants to take advantage of alien technology. Such a group also was in, you guessed it, Stargate. The funny thing is, it was also called "the Trust" in Stargate SG1.
- All the sci-fi stuff in Conduit gets mixed with elements and symbols from myth and history, just like in Stargate, but with less focus on ancient gods and more Free Masons.
- And after they were done with the first game they needed an interesting new setting. So how about Atlantis? I mean if it was good enough for a new Stargate series, it sure is good for Conduit 2.

Can`t wait for Conduit 3: Universe, where agent Ford will be stuck in a giant spaceship far away from earth.
---
No More Heroes
#23coolman229Posted 7/14/2010 3:07:15 PM
Wow. I never noticed that. And I've watched every season of Stargate SG1 and Atlantis. I guess that the Freemason focus could be from National Treasure.
---
We're glad we won you over to the fight for the earth.
Currently playing: Cave Story, Majora's Mask (VC), Brawl (still), Mega Man 9, Okami
#24DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2010 7:08:33 PM
Haha wow. I was never much into Stargate, actually, but I guess that explains a lot @ @
Good stuff.

And WTF @ people still thinking this is some serious complaint topic or something. It's just a topic to have fun figuring out where The Conduit got it's ideas.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#25coolman229Posted 7/14/2010 7:12:17 PM
It seemed negative when I first read it. I think that Human voice:anything that uses humans
---
We're glad we won you over to the fight for the earth.
Currently playing: Cave Story, Majora's Mask (VC), Brawl (still), Mega Man 9, Okami
#26DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2010 7:50:29 PM
Well, if you listen closely, there's a filter on the human enemy voices... It's the same one on the enemies in FEAR 2.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.