All the new features are nice, but what this game really needs to succeed is...

#1crimsontidefan2Posted 7/14/2010 1:28:00 PM
Eliminate as much loading time, drops, and glitches as possible.

I got pumped up hearing that HVS was going to make this game, so I've been playing the first conduit some lately and the thing that really killed it wasn't the weapons or the graphics or the mechanics, it was the waiting 5 minutes to get on-line only to spawn to a black screen, or when you do spawn right, someone is shooting at you through the ceiling/ wall.

Don't get me wrong The Conduit was fun (and I'l probably get this), but it was rough getting back on and remembering those negatives.
---
Don't you just hate those pointless signatures?
#2TCJuanPosted 7/14/2010 1:35:41 PM
Yeah, that hurt the game. I heard they are working to make 20 sec to get into a game. Patches will fix the glitches in the game.
---
"Hello Mr.Ford, I have a new assignment for you"
#3crimsontidefan2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2010 1:40:36 PM
Yeah I'm not as worried about this game because hopefully HVS can learn from there mistakes in the first one, but still...

One thing I didn't mention (because they can't do as much about this) were the hackers :( , I'm sure we all remember the rapid fire rocket launcher or the team switchers.
---
Don't you just hate those pointless signatures?
#4mysockshurt101Posted 7/14/2010 1:41:04 PM
patches.....love patches, this will help out the game so much, i can't even begin to tell you how excited i am about this.

owning a 360 has made me realize how much online games for the wii need patches, its a must and if nintendo is finally realizing that and letting devs put patching on their games then i think we have something good coming.

if goldeneye, black ops, and medal of honor (if its not coming out for wii correct me) did this we're gonna have a great year for wii fps games.
#5mysockshurt101Posted 7/14/2010 1:43:10 PM
sorry for the double post....but did you read the interview with bill sulliven? if you didn't, here it is.

credit: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/55571260

site: http://e-mpire.com/content/472-Bill-Sullivan-Interview

they talk about hackers in this interview
#6TCJuanPosted 7/14/2010 1:53:36 PM
I've read the the servers pick up hackers with inf health/ammo and boot them out of a public game... thats would be nice >_>
---
"Hello Mr.Ford, I have a new assignment for you"
#7LigersRulePosted 7/14/2010 2:07:06 PM
The two problems your mentioning are one and the same. Hackers and the Spawn Glitch. The Spawn Glitch was caused be ghost servers that were created when the game was hacked. The more hackers, the more Spawn Glitchers. I actually never had much problem with the Spawn Glitch, the only time I got it was when someone got it before I entered the match, which automatically causes me to be put into that same ghost server.

Anyway, HVS has promised that both them and SEGA are tightening security on this game, along with the patch system, means these problems will probably not be much of a problem.

Now, about the long wait... HVS has said that when they are testing the game, they can get into a game and back out all in less then a minute. This isn't going to be when it comes out, because HVS are using their own server for this testing, and they are all in a very small space. If you are playing with someone in, say, Japan, it's obviously going to take longer.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#8peter_katPosted 7/14/2010 3:25:50 PM
we're gonna have a great year for wii fps games

Wii + fps games

Does not compute
---
Bro's Cheech
#9mysockshurt101Posted 7/14/2010 3:31:09 PM
seeing as how 2 out of 4 games are exclusive to the wii (conduit 2 and goldeneye) and are first person shooters it should compute pretty well
#10peter_katPosted 7/14/2010 3:34:23 PM
PC >>>>>>> PS360 > DS > Wii

when it comes to fps
---
Bro's Cheech