If HVS made a Conduit for the 3DS...

#1elheberPosted 7/15/2010 9:10:06 PM
Considering the 3DS' stereoscopic 3D screen, WM+ quality tilt/motion sensors, 3D outward facing cameras and the inward facing camera, touch screen, analog, near Wii-quality graphics, standby 3DS-to-3DS game data sharing, etc... what features would you want HVS to put in said Conduit game?

I'd like it if you could use the inward camera to take a picture of your face, then paste it on your own customizable character. Then, you could upload it to Nintendo/Sega/whatever, and use it in online multiplayer (if you didn't make a "penileface" or something that would get taken down by Ninty/Sega/whatnot).
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#2Neo-ganonPosted 7/16/2010 2:56:01 AM

I think that it would be a great idea (fps in 3d sounds epic) but it probably wouldnt be a part of the main storyline, but rather a spin off or "side-quel" taking place during the events of TCON1 and 2 but with a different main character. I'd like to see it follow detective pearsons from the radio's in TCon as the main character. I always wanted to know his story.

#3sunfalcon9Posted 7/16/2010 5:07:24 AM
Metroid Prime Hunters has been ruling the DS FPS for quite a while now...
---
Kirbeh
#4Simok123Posted 7/16/2010 6:37:05 AM
yeah i was thinking the conduit for a ds but maybe once it gets REALLY popular.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#5iPWNtheNoobsPosted 7/16/2010 12:51:21 PM
3DS would be awesome.
#6SmallerRidleyPosted 7/16/2010 1:17:24 PM

I think that it would be a great idea (fps in 3d sounds epic) but it probably wouldnt be a part of the main storyline, but rather a spin off or "side-quel" taking place during the events of TCON1 and 2 but with a different main character. I'd like to see it follow detective pearsons from the radio's in TCon as the main character. I always wanted to know his story.

Add time-travel and split the timeline.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/16/2010 3:08:48 PM
Touch aiming with a lot of options for adjusting sensitivity. Lots of good control options. Faster paced gameplay, more along the lines of UT with high run speeds and double tap dodging.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#8elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2010 3:23:02 PM
You know what I just thought about? Since the 3DS uses carts instead of optical discs, there will be practically zero load times. In theory, they could stream level data constantly so that there's no recognizable transition between stages. It'd seem like on super huge long non-stop adventure... sort of like Half-Life does it but without the loading pauses. It could load data on a weapon when you pick it up without any pause in gameplay, saving more memory resources for other things.

3DS carts can hold a max 2GB of data. Probably even more in the future.

What if the crosshairs had depth? Like, instead of the crosshairs being on the HUD, they'd be exactly where the bullets would land on. Or for projectiles that arc like the TPC Launcher, the crosshairs would actually be exactly where the TPC would explode.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#9SmallerRidleyPosted 7/16/2010 3:38:38 PM
The TPC could have a "virtual" arc path that shows its exact path.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.