Mad Catz making a headset too?

#1X_D_D_XPosted 7/15/2010 8:28:42 PM
Mad Catz are releasing some COD Black Ops merch, and their latest press release stated that they're releasing a new headset, and it says that it supports the Wii, along with the PS3, 360 and PC.

Their Wii remote skin also supports Motion+.

What do you guys think? Will it support Conduit 2?
---
Jump Ultimate Stars:1977-1107-7531
#2donkeypunch1116Posted 7/15/2010 8:39:38 PM
whoa, you got a link man? the only thing that reflex was missing is voicechat. if the headset is indeed compatible with the wii, then my voicechat prayers may be answered :)

---
Modern Warfare Reflex: 3426 0715 8657 tag: PUNCHOUT1116
***pizza and colt 45: the unofficial meal of conduit 2***
#3The_ShaderPosted 7/15/2010 8:39:43 PM
hmm... madcatz did the Tatsunoku vs. Capcom arcade stick... no. HVS recommended the headbanger, so thats what i'm going with.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#4Aile_WingPosted 7/15/2010 8:41:41 PM
You really should post links to this sort of information. I'll do it this time.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=130387

I don't know if it will support Conduit 2, but I don't see why it wouldn't. Why? Because the key word here is "themed." It's a Black Ops-themed headset, that does not mean a Black Ops-exclusive headset. But, hey, I could be wrong.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#5X_D_D_X(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2010 8:48:46 PM
Thanks Aile for posting the link.

Also yeah, it does say themed. But the way that the Headbanger headset will only support games that are made for it and not support every Wii Speak game makes it look like this is another Headset like that. That would mean you would have to buy that one for Black Ops and the Headbanger for Conduit 2.
---
#6Aile_WingPosted 7/15/2010 8:57:28 PM
^ No problem.

True, but think about it. Nintendo had not allowed a headset for the longest time. Now that they are allowing them to be made, do you honestly think that they'll let headsets for specific games to be produced? I don't think so. But, like I said, I could be wrong.

X_D_D_X:
... the Headbanger headset will only support games that are made for it and not support every Wii Speak game...

Do we know this for a fact? Did I miss some information concerning the Headbanger Headset?
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#7X_D_D_X(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2010 9:00:13 PM
Yeah, it's been confirmed by a PDP Rep.

I have a link this time : http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=128133
---
#8donkeypunch1116Posted 7/15/2010 9:02:29 PM
sweet if its true that black ops will have voice chat with its own headset.

as far as having to buy multiple headsets for multiple games, ill do it if it means that i wont have to:

a. lug my damn laptop around just to use skype, and

b. rely on crappy wiispeak and its piss-poor quality...

heres hoping...

---
Modern Warfare Reflex: 3426 0715 8657 tag: PUNCHOUT1116
***pizza and colt 45: the unofficial meal of conduit 2***
#9ryudo_dragoonPosted 7/15/2010 9:12:25 PM
What if the headset is just as bad?

Hopefully it's much better than the recent games seen using wiispeak... I mean, I can't understand crap that people say in MH3.
---
"I have absolutely no idea how to even remotely respond to this thread.
Congrats on making my brain explode." - HVS Tony
#10Green_TunicPosted 7/15/2010 9:13:16 PM
This really annoys me. I already own Wii Speak because I had some strange belief that third party developers and Nintendo would support such a thing (thanks HVS at least you cared) and now we'll have the Headbanger and the Mad Catz headset. I really doubt the Mad Catz headset will support Wii Speak games or Conduit 2 and I really doubt the Headbanger will support CoD: BO Wii. Yay for incompatible hardware. -_-

I'll still buy the Headbanger though because C2's the only game I can think of for Wii that supports the Rivals system.
---
Call me Silly_Tunic!!!
http://leakybattery.wordpress.com/ (mah videogame blog)