Mad Catz making a headset too?

#21MKMaster93Posted 7/16/2010 2:51:03 PM
Why do people hate Nintendo so much? The reasons I love them is:

1. It was the first gaming system. (Atari was first, but Nintendo bought them.)
2. Family friendly games.
3. The creator of THE BEST series to date.
4. Mario.
5. ALOT of different series.
6. Sony and Microsoft COPIED Nintendo.
7. More systems than Sony and Microsoft combined!
8. Made first handheld system.
9. Pretty much THE first company to make games.
---
---
Con1 FC: 3051-8132-7693 = MKMaster
#22Brownprouder23Posted 7/16/2010 4:16:26 PM
I'm with SupahShnipa on this one. For the longest time, I tried to like the wii. I really did. I had enjoyed Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, and early on I liked SSBB. However, Nintendo has constantly failed to bring that competitive gaming I've craved for. The Conduit and World At War were the only games to attempt to fill this void.

I've been constantly let down though. World at War had to many found glitches to the point where it was almost unplayable fairly. Reflex was a flop with its controls. The Conduit was awesome, but then the glitchers/hackers ruined the game. Also, the gb community died because of constant conflicts with reports. I really hope that Conduit 2 can make up for this. Otherwise, I'm done with the Wii for good.
#23SupahShnipaPosted 7/16/2010 4:25:23 PM
"I'm with SupahShnipa on this one. For the longest time, I tried to like the wii. I really did. I had enjoyed Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, and early on I liked SSBB. However, Nintendo has constantly failed to bring that competitive gaming I've craved for. The Conduit and World At War were the only games to attempt to fill this void.

I've been constantly let down though. World at War had to many found glitches to the point where it was almost unplayable fairly. Reflex was a flop with its controls. The Conduit was awesome, but then the glitchers/hackers ruined the game. Also, the gb community died because of constant conflicts with reports. I really hope that Conduit 2 can make up for this. Otherwise, I'm done with the Wii for good."

Pretty much identical to me. I really enjoyed the Wii at first, but I think a good part of that was because I WANTED to enjoy it simply because I was a Nintendo fanboy. Now Nintendo is finally starting to do a bit for the Hardcore community, but it all comes at a cost to us consumers. Plus, it's a little to late and unless one of these games ends up as a AAA (In my opinion, I don't care about reviews and the such) and can rival games seen on the others consoles somewhat, I see no point to continue owning a Wii personally.

@donkeypunch
Congrats on the house man!
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#24Green_TunicPosted 7/16/2010 4:44:48 PM
That's silly. Nintendo has nothing to do with this. Well besides not doing anything to entice third parties but it's partially your fault for believing that Nintendo would cater to competitive gaming. This was really only present during the N64 days due to Rare. Then Rare left. If I wanted competitive gaming consistently I wouldn't have bought a Wii.

All those complaints are partially your faults for expecting something from Nintendo that they don't usually offer. Heck I bought a Wii for Zelda and Smash alone. Those are some actually realistic expectations.
---
Call me Silly_Tunic!!!
http://leakybattery.wordpress.com/ (mah videogame blog)
#25SupahShnipaPosted 7/16/2010 4:50:59 PM
"That's silly. Nintendo has nothing to do with this."
EVERYTHING has to go through Nintendo. Plus, PDP said themselves that they had to work extremely close with Nintendo with the development of their headset. Knowing Nintendo, they wouldnt make an exception for Mad Catz.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#26Green_TunicPosted 7/16/2010 5:06:02 PM

"That's silly. Nintendo has nothing to do with this."
EVERYTHING has to go through Nintendo. Plus, PDP said themselves that they had to work extremely close with Nintendo with the development of their headset. Knowing Nintendo, they wouldnt make an exception for Mad Catz.

Then how does things like Carnival Games get passed? Nintendo does give you the right to develop for their system but outside of very few exceptions they don't check up on third parties.

Most of the time it's third parties that come to Nintendo. Examples being like Activision for Guitar Hero DLC. Nintendo rarely goes to developers and publishers to ask for anything.
---
Call me Silly_Tunic!!!
#27Green_TunicPosted 7/16/2010 5:18:22 PM
The fact is Nintendo has never third party-friendly. It's been like this forever. It's why developers usually flourish to the other platforms. Sony and Microsoft are more likely to give moneyhats and support developers. That's how they get so many exclusives, that's why their games usually have better advertisement.

That's partially why the 3DS was such a big surprise at E3. Not only did it work but it had one of the best announced lineups for a console ever. Especially for a Nintendo console.
---
Call me Silly_Tunic!!!
#28donkeypunch1116Posted 7/16/2010 5:39:22 PM
thanks shnipa!

btw, when i said i would buy more than one headset, i didnt say that i would like it lol

---
Modern Warfare Reflex: 3426 0715 8657 tag: PUNCHOUT1116
***pizza and colt 45: the unofficial meal of conduit 2***
#29Brownprouder23Posted 7/17/2010 9:28:45 AM
It wasn't a bad thing to hope for some competitive gaming on the Wii. When it first came out it was advertised as changing the way we play. I was assuming that would mean changing the direction that gamecube had (no online), which might have led to better competitive gaming.

SupahShnipa was right too. They always have to pass everything with Nintendo. If Nintendo would have stop babysitting the Conduit, for example, there would have been no friendcodes. Ultimately, you are right though. I was stupid for buying the wii at this point.