*Spawns* Here I *Gets headshot from behind* ... go...

#1Aile_WingPosted 7/17/2010 6:35:30 PM
An irritant of mine would be spawning directly on top of or near another player. I know that this problem isn't exactly new to FPS's, but it's still a nuisance none the less. I believe a way to reduce these occurrences would be to have more spawn locations.

Another spawning issue that I would like to bring to light occurs during Team Reaper matches. If one team corners another, the trapped team members constantly respawn next to their caged teammates, basically keeping them trapped. I hope that like Modern Warfare after a certain period of time the game will start spawning the trapped team on the opposite side of the map, causing the team bases to be switched. Being screwed over by the computer is absolutely ridiculous.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#2sunfalcon9Posted 7/17/2010 6:45:56 PM
I agree
---
Kirbeh
#3SupahShnipaPosted 7/17/2010 8:05:08 PM
Halo's Spawn System is pretty well perfect IMO.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#4Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2010 3:24:16 PM
Bump because this is an important issue.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
#5SupahShnipaPosted 7/18/2010 3:35:49 PM
This won't happen as long as you're in a Party with good players.

Oh wait...
---
#6ZantX1Posted 7/18/2010 7:45:23 PM
or, they could use a system where you are invincible when you spawn (glowing), to eliminate spawn trapping all together
#7incognito3Posted 7/18/2010 8:14:58 PM
well if u are invincible for too long then its unfair for the team who deserves the advantage, but too short and........
can u say spawn camping?
---
Supporter of Daos for Con of duty 2!MH3 is FTM (For the...meh)!TPC and SMAW is win.
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.
#8Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2010 8:50:43 PM
To ZantX1: What if someone spawns near me? I can't harm them until the invincibility has worn off, bur he can harm me.
---
#9SupahShnipaPosted 7/18/2010 8:52:05 PM
"or, they could use a system where you are invincible when you spawn (glowing), to eliminate spawn trapping all together"

Meet Painkiller, Causing Gamer Suicides since the release of Modern Warfare 2.
---
#10psychobrewPosted 7/18/2010 10:53:01 PM
I don't see the problem. If you are cornered in an area, take another path out. I've done it many times and I hate how COD changes the spawn points. As soon as the battle gets good, COD decides to slow the game down by spawning you at the other end of the map. Also, you have a few seconds of invincibility when you spawn, so again, I don't see what the problem is.