online loading times.....

#1jje116Posted 7/18/2010 3:49:07 PM
i might've just missed it, but has there been any word on whether or not joining matches will be quicker than in the first? i know hvs says that connecting to games takes awhile cause of nintendo wifi's restrictions, but in call of duty reflex I could have games found and started within 5 seconds of searching for one. this is pretty much one of my only worries for the game, cause it was really a let down to wait 30 minutes for a match to connect to a match in the first conduit. but other than that i'm psyched for this
---
Holy Jeezus!
#2Fluxy1223Posted 7/18/2010 4:15:57 PM
http://hvs-network.ucoz.com/news/conduit_2_final_part_music_is_now_darker/2010-07-18-238
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name.
#3jje116(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2010 4:28:23 PM
yeah i saw that earlier, but i'm curious as to how treyarch was able to make connecting so fast, in a port none the less. cause if it can be done in a watered down port, i don't see how it could be so hard to achieve in a game with a really hard working dedicated wii exclusive dev
---
Holy Jeezus!
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 7/18/2010 4:35:04 PM
Might be because treyarch had less people in a game. I don't really know though so that's just a guess. I'm sure there are quite a few other things that factor into it as well.
---
Playing: Borderlands, Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#5SupahShnipaPosted 7/18/2010 4:39:24 PM
Treyarch uses Activision's Matchmaking Servers if I'm correct. Also, they're using the IW COD4 engine which is a beast and they have much more experience regarding games with a heavy load on the servers.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#6Valdimir_DregaPosted 7/18/2010 5:04:40 PM
^Dedicated servers make all the difference. Activision runs all of the online CoD games on their servers. Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection isn't used at all. C2 has no such luxury.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#7jje116(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2010 5:48:17 PM
i'm pretty sure reflex uses nintendo wifi, seeing as it says nintendo wifi on the box. games like monster hunter and medal of honor that don't use nintendo wifi do not have the logo on the box. but i guess the fact that activision and iw specialize in online multiplayer management would make it faster
---
Holy Jeezus!
#8TCJuanPosted 7/18/2010 7:02:54 PM
yeah i think it has to do with the number online gamers 8 vs 12...
---
"Hello Mr.Ford, I have a new assignment for you"
#9SupahShnipaPosted 7/18/2010 8:58:01 PM
"i'm pretty sure reflex uses nintendo wifi, seeing as it says nintendo wifi on the box. games like monster hunter and medal of honor that don't use nintendo wifi do not have the logo on the box."

Dude, I'm looking at my Medal of Honor case right now. It has the Blue Nintendo Wi-Fi logo in the top left corner.

The problem lies in Nintendo's crappy Matchmaking servers.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#10jje116(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2010 9:30:45 PM
i just double checked my copy of medal of honor and monster hunter, and sure enough, neither have the logo or mention it anywhere. nintendo wifi connection is the official name for nintendo's servers, so why would they have it on a box of a game that didn't use it?
---
Holy Jeezus!