ATTN: HVS. a "solution" for your party mode problem...

#1donkeypunch1116Posted 7/18/2010 10:00:28 PM
ok, i just read in one of the HVS network interviews that nintendo may not let you guys implement a party system. in not, can we atleast do it like this...

say you have a friend and you want to join his game. you could have 2 options:

a. if you choose to join his game by choosing him off of your "friends" list, then (granted there is a spot available) you will spawn on his team and continue to stay on his team for as long as you play.

however, if you...

b. choose to join your friends game by selecting his name off of your "rivals" list, then you will spawn on the opposite team, and you will continue to stay on the opposing team for as long as you play.

so basically - friends list = same team, rivals list = opposing team.

with that said, its not an actual "party system", but it will still allow players to play with or against their friends whenever they want.

good idea, or no? thanks :)

---
Modern Warfare Reflex: 3426 0715 8657 tag: PUNCHOUT1116
***pizza and colt 45: the unofficial meal of conduit 2***
#2LawnGnome93Posted 7/18/2010 10:17:04 PM

a. if you choose to join his game by choosing him off of your "friends" list, then (granted there is a spot available) you will spawn on his team and continue to stay on his team for as long as you play.

however, if you...

b. choose to join your friends game by selecting his name off of your "rivals" list, then you will spawn on the opposite team, and you will continue to stay on the opposing team for as long as you play.

Wouldn't it just be easier to just have an option where you can enter in if you would prefer to be on his team or the opposite team when you choose to join the person from either list? Cause what if I want to try and make sure I'm playing with a rival or against a friend for a few games? The only way to do that when having it based off of friend or rival would be to have his name on both lists, and that's just taking up space on the lists.
---
Flame's Alt.
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#3ryudo_dragoonPosted 7/18/2010 10:23:47 PM
You have 96 spaces.
I'm sure you can make space.

Sounds like a good idea, but I liked Tcon's online for the fact it balanced teams and it did it fairly well.
---
"I have absolutely no idea how to even remotely respond to this thread.
Congrats on making my brain explode." - HVS Tony
#4LawnGnome93Posted 7/18/2010 10:35:15 PM

You have 96 spaces.
I'm sure you can make space.

That's not the point. If you want to have everyone on your list on both your friends and your rivals your cutting the maximum amount of people you can add in half because of the duplicates. You shouldn't have to use up extra spots just to get the best use out of a feature in the game. Especially when there is another option like...

Join Friend/Rival?
Ally or Enemy?
*attempting to join with your preference*
(if it fails) *attempting to join normally*
---
Flame's Alt.
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#5SmallerRidleyPosted 7/18/2010 10:37:05 PM
Part of the issue with joining friends' teams is the number on each team.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/18/2010 10:50:39 PM
What is party mode, and why is not having it a problem?

And don't say "because not having it will ruin the game for people who want it."
#7LawnGnome93Posted 7/18/2010 11:00:22 PM

What is party mode, and why is not having it a problem?

And don't say "because not having it will ruin the game for people who want it."

Basically you make a group, and you're friends join it. You then go into a search with that group, and any game you get into will have everyone in your group on the same team. It's a way to ensure that you are playing together. I don't really think it's that big of a problem to not have it, but its becoming a bit of a standard today in other games that people want to see as often as possible.
---
Flame's Alt.
#8VermineaterPosted 7/19/2010 5:56:17 AM
The only reason to want it is for competitive matches between 2 teams that want to see who's better.

Honestly, I think a clan should just get together and not care who's on either side, and just have fun. But I do understand why people would want it.
---
VE - http://www.formspring.me/Vermineater
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#9Sudsy86_Posted 7/19/2010 9:51:45 AM

Not a bad idea. But, we all know people want "friends" because they don't want to have to deal with them (cowards). And we all know we add people around our level. This will just lead to endless bullying.

Keeping people you add as a way to be able to play with them only is better than anything else. Keep to the rank system all the time. And if you're not willing to deal with certain players, quit and play an easier game.

#10Sudsy86_Posted 7/19/2010 9:53:27 AM

ryudo_dragoon posted...

Sounds like a good idea, but I liked Tcon's online for the fact it balanced teams and it did it fairly well.

Totally agree on the second part.