ATTN: HVS. a "solution" for your party mode problem...

#21LigersRulePosted 7/19/2010 1:59:22 PM
Thats where the fun is! If I never died in an Online Game it would be a ton of fun. I like shooting fish in barrels, you get that satisfaction of knowing your team worked together to get to the point where the other team is completely helpless. Your all laughing on the mics and having a good time.

Where is the fun in that? That's not a game, that's target practice.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#22SupahShnipaPosted 7/19/2010 3:10:06 PM
"Where is the fun in that? That's not a game, that's target practice."

Dude, If the game had one spawn point and everyone online would be put into my game and I had a gun with unlimited ammo I would sit there, hold the trigger and watch the killfeed for hours.

Dying = Bad
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#23SmallerRidleyPosted 7/19/2010 3:29:43 PM

Dying = Bad

Selfish Shellfish.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#24SupahShnipaPosted 7/19/2010 3:32:13 PM
I'm just BSing everyone :P
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#25donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2010 3:34:31 PM
hopefully HVS can come to some sort of reasonable conclusion...

---
Modern Warfare Reflex: 3426 0715 8657 tag: PUNCHOUT1116
***pizza and colt 45: the unofficial meal of conduit 2***
#26CelticLink94Posted 7/20/2010 11:03:22 AM
I didn't mind MWR's party system... if you joined a lobby that your friend was in, you were paired randomly. But if you were invited in by your friend, you stuck with them and the other friends in the group, so it was basically a party in itself. So if you wanna play with friends, go through an invite, or invite the friends to switch lobbies. But if you just wanna be in a game with your friend, just join their lobby.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#27Sudsy86_Posted 7/20/2010 12:35:19 PM

SupahShnipa posted...
"...That's what balance is. It pairs the best players up with the worst. What are you complaining about? It makes the game more competitive. "
Thats not balance.
Team 1:
1 Good player
5 Bad players

Team 2
4 Average Players
2 Good Players

Not balanced.
A balanced game would equally distribute the skill around. Like so:
Team 1:
2 Good Players
1 Average Player
3 Bad Players

Team 2:
1 Good Player
3 Average Players
2 Bad Players

Unfortunately, that's a very unlikely idealism. Whatever system you impliment will apply to all scenarios. Most games will feature general skill disproportion. But the other factor here has to do with determining skill.

SupahShnipa posted...
Halo seems to do it great with it's True Skill ranking. TCon paired people up like Call of Duty. 1 Good player cannot carry a team of sub-par players, it's not possible.
"What are you complaining about?"
the fact that in a game that goes up to 50 kills Ipeople can go 42-5 and lose regularly.

This is where I think we should just trying. A non-intuitive, algorithmic entity is dealing with this issue. It's an inherent problem. I think starting off dividing based off K-D difference--not KDR, since it's obviously just an extreme version of difference--and then base off previous game performance is simple and dynamic enough to work great. Using a "skill" system is just a convoluted way of analyzing information intuition/ instincts are meant for. It needs to be left alone.

You're right about CoD. It was impossible for 99 percent of better players to overcome the complete lack of support. But, if this is given information, wouldn't it also mean you're in a room you shouldn't be competing in the first place? Why should you exploiting the bad players be treated differently than the other team exploiting bad players on your team? The bad players are bad for any competitive environment. You simply should not be in that room. Going further to moralize things is tick-tacky

[QUOTE="SupahShnipa"]
"It makes the game more competitive."
By making it so the better players have no chance to win? Taking the best player in the lobby and giving him the worst teammates is not balance, it's far from it.
/QUOTE] The killstreaks break the game in CoD. Three players will be able to get air strikes before you will be able to get a helicopter to have a chance. But, in TCon, it's just manual labor that scores. If 42-5 isn't good enough, you have the same three options as always: work even harder, complain, or leave. Losing with a 42-5 score is not a competitive injustice. The moral dynamics of life do not apply to things which have different purposes.

There aren't many good players currently on Tcon servers. I get 50+ kills all the time and lose to a team who has 4 players with at least 18 kills. I know how the scenario is designed to most likely play out. I'm a loser if I complain because I couldn't defy it.

#28Sudsy86_Posted 7/20/2010 12:51:02 PM

SupahShnipa posted...

Thats where the fun is! If I never died in an Online Game it would be a ton of fun. I like shooting fish in barrels, you get that satisfaction of knowing your team worked together to get to the point where the other team is completely helpless. Your all laughing on the mics and having a good time.

Why make something of competitive purpose when people aren't going to be willing to work towards it and will only exploit the game for what small things you allow it to offer?

People like you are the problem ( in games and in life). The scenario you want is a minimalist working environment where you can get higher scores than those who are bold and strong enough to take on those who stand in their way, in the big-picture.

You're lying to yourself to make your conscious seem more compatible with your laziness.