I want a knife

#11mysockshurt101Posted 7/20/2010 12:24:03 AM
exactly...despite the changes from the first game i'm hoping that this still feels the same and honestly putting in more stuff that other games have into this game just makes this a copy and we don't need that.

i've said it once and i'll say it again, Halo: Reach's multiplayer has made quite a few changes to the formula but it still feels like i'm playing Halo and not some COD game that looks like Halo and that's how Conduit 2 should feel.

if your gonna put a knife in the game and make it instant kill it should be a melee from behind and have some kind of animation but then that'd be doin it just like Halo Reach
#12The_ShaderPosted 7/20/2010 12:49:21 AM
^ Halo always seems to do things the right way, which is not surprising.

i hate to say it.... but Conduit needs something beyond knives and set animations... it needs something unique and unheard of. Hopefully the Aegis Device, and Phase Rifle pull it off.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#13mysockshurt101Posted 7/20/2010 1:30:23 AM
and that's what the first game did...brought something a little new by bringing back some old school elements.

who knows what this sequel will bring (other than what we know) but i hope that its done right...the problem with listening to fans is that the fans will always want what they're used to and not want any change...unfortunately what they're used to isn't what they played in the first game, its what they play now which is COD, Killzone, Halo, etc etc.

i'm not saying i don't want the changes, i just want them to be minimal, in a way that it doesn't feel like i'm playing all the other games that are out there, as fun as they might be.
#14tconslayerPosted 7/20/2010 4:15:18 AM

ok fine how about just for looks when your behind someone you pull out a knife because... they reported it would b two punches in the front and one in the back for a kill so either way its gonna b an instant kill in the back so y not havea knife just for the back but at the same time that might b hard to do. Also throwing knifes... wat about if the only way it could instant kill is if it hit the head

#15bladester15Posted 7/20/2010 6:22:11 AM
I think it sounds like CoD, which isnt a good thing.
---
Country+rap=crap.
Chuck Norris's tears can cure cancer.....too bad he's never cried.
#16mysockshurt101Posted 7/20/2010 12:22:38 PM
^^ exactly

granted, goldeneye had throwing knives...but then that would just make this a sci fi goldeneye (i'm a poet and didn't know it).

so why don't we just stop making suggestions that just so happen to be in other games, because quite honestly if this class system does somehow make this game feel like COD the fans are to blame if they don't like how it turns out.

i lurk around on the Halo: Reach boards and it's full of MLG players who think that they should have a say over how the game is played and what changes should be made over the "casual" players, and seeing as how some people want a sci fi COD game i can't help but agree with them.

i'm not calling myself a hardcore gamer, let alone a casual one, but i do know when i want something different then what i'm already playing...i just hope it works out because if it doesn't HVS is gonna regret listening to the fans for this one.
#17dedekongPosted 7/20/2010 2:13:30 PM
it would be really cool if they had a knife that instant kills and also some sort of set up where you can run really fast, endlessly and lunge at the opponent to knife them easier.
#18bladester15Posted 7/20/2010 2:32:18 PM
it would be really cool if they had a knife that instant kills and also some sort of set up where you can run really fast, endlessly and lunge at the opponent to knife them easier.

>.>
---
Country+rap=crap.
Chuck Norris's tears can cure cancer.....too bad he's never cried.