Voice chat

#1ghrrcPosted 7/20/2010 7:41:40 AM
Not many people realise this but when you played tcon with wiispeak the lag increased substantially. Ever think that having voice chat is causing more harm than it is adding to the game? Personally I'd choose the hassle of skype any day over adding more lag to the game.
---
PSN: Warrior0420
#2LigersRulePosted 7/20/2010 7:43:10 AM
Well, the good news is, you don't have to use it. That's for you and your friends to decide. If you don't use it, it doesn't slow down the game.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#3ghrrc(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2010 7:47:46 AM

Well, the good news is, you don't have to use it. That's for you and your friends to decide. If you don't use it, it doesn't slow down the game.

I know you don't have to use it but that has nothing to do with the fact that people DO use it. If people are using it, there will be more lag than if they weren't using it. That's my question, is it better to have more lag or to be able to talk to people without using external programs?
---
#4ghrrc(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2010 7:48:23 AM
*less lag
---
#5lak_43Posted 7/20/2010 7:50:24 AM
you play wii warrior?

and @ your topic. skype is better than anything wii will offer. but, skype causes lag too
---
NP lakkus
WiiUnite.org
#6ghrrc(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2010 7:50:47 AM
**more lag
was correct the first time :/

too tired :(
---
#7ghrrc(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2010 7:55:58 AM

you play wii warrior?

and @ your topic. skype is better than anything wii will offer. but, skype causes lag too

I used to and I'll prolly check this game out. I was one of the top tcon players, ryudo cowers in fear when he hears my USP. :P

I know people claimed that skype causes lag but in my testing I could never see any difference. Maybe if your internet connetion or router is terrible. The online play for wii uses hardly any bandwidth, same with skype. There isn't really any reason for added lag when using skype. I don't think hosting a party chat on skype and hosting the match are a good idea but otherwise the vast majority of people should have sufficient connections/equipment to handle wii and skype together.
---
#8lak_43Posted 7/20/2010 7:59:27 AM
i know, but I used to host a lot of big skype calls while playing and it would make the lag a little worse even though I have a great internets set up. but, that was like 20-30 people sometimes. i doubt most people will use skype w/ that may in a call.

did you play MoH? that game poops on the conduit
---
NP lakkus
WiiUnite.org
#9ghrrc(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2010 8:08:09 AM

i know, but I used to host a lot of big skype calls while playing and it would make the lag a little worse even though I have a great internets set up. but, that was like 20-30 people sometimes. i doubt most people will use skype w/ that may in a call.

did you play MoH? that game poops on the conduit

Tried MoH and hated it. Worst controls EVER. Whoever thought that twisting the controller while scoped is a good idea needs to be fired. I also found it to be extremely inconsistent as far as lag is concerned. You could drop some people somewhat fast and others would take clip after clip to take down. I know a lot of people think it was a great game but I think it's the definition of how to NOT make a shooter on wii. With that said tcon was a pile of garbage that was only playable if you stuck to private matches and enforced your own rules to compensate for the lack of weapon balance (and to avoid the countless glitches).

In tcon we only played private matches and if you glitched or lagged or broke any of our numerous rules you didn't play with us anymore.
---
#10Simok123Posted 7/20/2010 9:08:51 AM
yeah it does that in public most the time. i hope its fixed....
---
CONDUIT MASTA!