Hi Everyone!

#21ryudo_dragoonPosted 7/21/2010 9:07:27 PM
I'm wondering if the shield only blocks bullets... which would leave grenades and melees to kill it's holder.
---
"I have absolutely no idea how to even remotely respond to this thread.
Congrats on making my brain explode." - HVS Tony
#22LigersRulePosted 7/21/2010 9:12:11 PM
I would think it would catch grenades, if they were in the right area, but then they would just explode in a second. It would just hold it in place to do it's job.

I don't think it could possibly catch a melee, though.

---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#23UltimateFlame13Posted 7/21/2010 9:26:42 PM
That very first nintendo power magazine said it catches grenades too. Pretty much any projectiles. I'd expect stuff like explosions and melees would go through it though. Key to beating Aegis device quickly will probably just be placing explosions at their feet or getting up in their face with melees.
---
Playing: Borderlands, Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#24LigersRulePosted 7/21/2010 9:29:28 PM
Even if you catch grenades, they still have a time limit though, right? After all, they removed the explosion by impact, right? They must be set on a time.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#25UltimateFlame13Posted 7/21/2010 9:46:48 PM
That's actually a really good question. I wonder if they will still explode or if the Aegis Device some how puts them in a weird state where their timer stops as soon as they're caught. It's sci-fi so anything really is possible lol. Should be interesting to see how it works :D. Maybe Tony wouldn't mind explaining how it currently works if he reads this? :)
---
Playing: Borderlands, Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#26ocarinaoftasiPosted 7/22/2010 2:50:51 PM

From: ryudo_dragoon | Posted: 7/21/2010 9:07:27 PM | #021
I'm wondering if the shield only blocks bullets... which would leave grenades and melees to kill it's holder.

I watcbed a video in what I think was HVS. It's already been confirmed to block bullets, grenades and rockets. It will also have a limit to how much it will hold.
---
CHECK DA FLY ASPARAGUS
DA PURPLE GROCERIES
#27ocarinaoftasiPosted 7/22/2010 2:50:59 PM
*watched
---
CHECK DA FLY ASPARAGUS
DA PURPLE GROCERIES
#28halbedier22Posted 7/25/2010 12:25:51 PM
hi MyIronLung
---
this signature is not disruptive
#29Valdimir_DregaPosted 7/25/2010 2:20:10 PM
They never said it blocks energy-based weapons, so I'm betting that the Deatomizer, other Aegis Devices, the Carbonizer, and the AC-Eclipse won't be affected by the sheild. Just speculation, but it would make sense for balance.

Drudge weapons should be catchable too, because they use a powerful bio-mass rather than raw energy.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.