Slitscreen online

#1ideandaruizPosted 7/21/2010 9:43:59 PM
please HVS add splitscreen online and not just team invasion but team reaper and objective
#2Fluxy1223Posted 7/21/2010 9:54:05 PM
It's up to nintendo.
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name.
#3Valdimir_DregaPosted 7/21/2010 10:02:42 PM
From what I understand, the Wii can only handle so much bandwidth while connected to the WFC. Mario Kart Wii has a fairly low polygon count and lacks any complicated shaders and texturing. C2 will be running a lot of those things and more, and would take severe hits to framerate if put both splitscreen and online. That is, of course, unless HVS removes just about everything that makes their games look so darn good while playing splitscreen-online, and that would probably take quite a bit of work to implement.

I know that it's a little disappointing, but not even the HD consoles really try to include splitscreen-online. Most HD gamers hate splitscreen of any kind anyway; a shame really.

There are so many other great features to C2 as is though. I think it'll easily be able to hold it's own in the market even without splitscreen-online.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#4Fluxy1223Posted 7/21/2010 10:11:06 PM
From what I understand, the Wii can only handle so much bandwidth while connected to the WFC. Mario Kart Wii has a fairly low polygon count and lacks any complicated shaders and texturing. C2 will be running a lot of those things and more, and would take severe hits to framerate if put both splitscreen and online. That is, of course, unless HVS removes just about everything that makes their games look so darn good while playing splitscreen-online, and that would probably take quite a bit of work to implement.

I know that it's a little disappointing, but not even the HD consoles really try to include splitscreen-online. Most HD gamers hate splitscreen of any kind anyway; a shame really.

There are so many other great features to C2 as is though. I think it'll easily be able to hold it's own in the market even without splitscreen-online.

You don't understand it correctly. video games are made of magic. stupid
---
#5mysockshurt101Posted 7/21/2010 10:59:09 PM
also the wii is made of magic, so remember kids, don't take apart your wii console or all the magic will flow out and be transferred into someone's body...preferably one with an evil soul and then take its revenge on your children and your children's children etc etc.
#6Fluxy1223Posted 7/21/2010 11:09:29 PM
The same thing will happen if you touch yourself
---
#7SmallerRidleyPosted 7/22/2010 7:16:39 AM
lan would've been nice as well, but it's not exactly possible.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#8ZantX1Posted 7/22/2010 7:25:19 AM
@Valdimir_Drega

Kid ur dum. U forgot about their Quantum3 engine. They can have advanced shaders and precision bump mapping with very little to no lag at all. The wii's GPU runs at 243MHz. This means we can still have advanced mapping with less lag if you really think about it
#9Simok123Posted 7/22/2010 7:32:32 AM
I hope nintendo lets them. I would love playing with my friend next to me and go online with more people.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#10ghost_of_a_manPosted 7/22/2010 7:43:35 AM
@ZantX1

...that still isn't enough to run Conduit 2 splitscreen online without major framerate drops or quality. "Ur dum"? really? It is spelled "dumb."
---
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.