How is invasion mode gonna work?

#1ocarinaoftasiPosted 7/23/2010 1:01:34 PM
Will it be, like, enemies pouring in with waves of slaughter or like co-op missions? Or neither?
---
The wizard did it.
The Conduit FC: 4984-8243-5440 Tasi.
#2sunfalcon9Posted 7/23/2010 1:04:23 PM
Aliens swarming in, dropping coin when you kill em
---
Kirbeh
#3ocarinaoftasi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2010 1:05:52 PM
Ah. :/
---
The wizard did it.
#4LilroscoPosted 7/23/2010 1:10:01 PM
^^ Plus there will be objectives to complete as well if I'm correct.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#5ocarinaoftasi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2010 1:11:18 PM
If it's like fight swarms while being able to move through an open area, then it will be incredible.
---
The wizard did it.
#6UltimateFlame13Posted 7/23/2010 1:14:40 PM
Think of Gears of War's Horde mode and Halo's firefight. Now add in some other objectives other than just killing the waves forever (pretty sure there are other objectives). Then add in enemies dropping currency when they die and your allies being able to steal your currency when you die. That's pretty much all we know about invasion mode :)
---
Playing: Borderlands, Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#7ocarinaoftasi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2010 1:16:57 PM
I have unfortunately never played either of those. :/
---
The wizard did it.
#8UltimateFlame13Posted 7/23/2010 1:22:10 PM

I have unfortunately never played either of those. :/

well those are pretty much just choose a map (the maps are usually kinda big or wide open) and waves of different enemies will spawn and you have to wipe them out before you run out of respawns and your entire team dies. The longer you last the harder it gets with each wave. In halo's there are different things that will change like only being able to regen after a melee attack, less ammo, etc. We don't know if there's going to be any modifiers like that in invasion though.
---
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#9ocarinaoftasi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2010 1:26:47 PM
Ah, thanks....so it's gonna be in a closed area of sorts?
---
The wizard did it.
#10UltimateFlame13Posted 7/23/2010 1:37:29 PM
Assuming they make the maps like other games that have had modes like this, it'll be kind of like regular multiplayer maps you have in competitive modes like free for all, capture the ASE, etc. The main difference is that there is usually one spot on the map that is made to be a bit easier to defend if everyone is playing well. With the addition of extra objectives you might be forced to move around the map more, but I don't think it will be like single player levels where you are continually moving forward to a new area. Hopefully they reveal some videos of it soon :D.
---