Bounty Hunter needs more tangible penalties for killing the wrong guy.

#21Sudsy86_Posted 7/24/2010 4:37:27 PM

From a competitive standpoint, this mode is rather poor. Because i have the final rank and have nothing to lose, I can kill everyone else below me, lose nothing, and get kills at at exponentially greater rate, since they're playing to win and won't if they deal with my agitation.

Mode diversity is overrated. Whatever's the best mode will be played anyways. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the mode entirely just so I won't have to play it once every 8 FFA games.

But, if that's not an option, just take away fewer points or make it so they actually lose overall XP (that wasn't the case, right?)

Unfortunately, all that will mean is good players won't be wasting their time in that mode and will just leave the room.

#22Icuras08Posted 7/24/2010 4:54:09 PM
Or, you can play it to have fun.
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Zelgius
Give me Liberty, or give me pizza pie!
#23SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2010 4:56:21 PM
BH is basically the minigame of online. The issue is the morons who don't realize what they're supposed to be doing.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#24UltimateFlame13Posted 7/24/2010 4:57:13 PM

From a competitive standpoint, this mode is rather poor. Because i have the final rank and have nothing to lose, I can kill everyone else below me, lose nothing, and get kills at at exponentially greater rate, since they're playing to win and won't if they deal with my agitation.
Mode diversity is overrated. Whatever's the best mode will be played anyways. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the mode entirely just so I won't have to play it once every 8 FFA games.
But, if that's not an option, just take away fewer points or make it so they actually lose overall XP (that wasn't the case, right?)
Unfortunately, all that will mean is good players won't be wasting their time in that mode and will just leave the room.

I've never been happier that the competitive standpoint isn't the only standpoint than I was while reading this.
---
Playing: Borderlands, Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#25euben0Posted 7/24/2010 5:17:29 PM

incognito3 posted...
i say resetti somes and talks to you about why you did that and why it made his life harder.

oh wait, this isnt SSBB. xD

How about they lose points and therefore EXP toward there next level too.
---
Supporter of Daos for Con of duty 2!MH3 is FTM (For the...meh)!TPC and SMAW is win.
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.

You mean Animal Crossing...

#26UltimateFlame13Posted 7/24/2010 5:20:20 PM

You mean Animal Crossing...

Resetti was also featured in SSBB as a trophy where he blocked the view of the stage with his rants.
---
Playing: Borderlands, Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#27The_ShaderPosted 7/24/2010 5:52:08 PM
On the subject of Experience Points and Ranks.... Conduit should get Halo's skill level approach. That way you're getting evaluated on how well you play, not just on how many kills you have.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#28sunfalcon9Posted 7/24/2010 5:59:59 PM
Items...eww
---
Kirbeh
#29ocarinaoftasiPosted 7/24/2010 6:27:58 PM

A very huge sign that read WRONG TARGET and makes hard to see anything on screen

This XFD
---
The wizard did it.
The Conduit FC: 4984-8243-5440 Tasi.