What were all the complaints of the first Conduit?

#1Icuras08Posted 7/25/2010 7:57:33 PM
I know about the glitches and weapon sets.
Can I have a summary of what hazeled the first game's experience?
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Zelgius
Give me Liberty, or give me pizza pie!
#280_CitationPosted 7/25/2010 8:10:40 PM
I don't have that kind of time.
---
Hoopty FTW! Tell me about your first car.
#3aka_RessurectedPosted 7/25/2010 8:11:32 PM
I took over and everyone left because they knew that they could not beat me.
#4Icuras08(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2010 8:13:04 PM
Also, I'm fully aware there will be some "lol everything sucked about it" posts.
---
#5ddd87Posted 7/25/2010 8:13:36 PM
Ugh, this is not going to be nice:

Generic story
Bland environments
Same enemies over and over
Short Campaign
Linear and simple missions
ASE not used enough
Bad AI
Over Hype
Nothing new besides customization
Weapon exploits
Gitches
Hackers

Thats pretty much what reviews and many gaming sites say
#6SF_BahaPosted 7/25/2010 8:15:33 PM
Miserably awful artificial intelligence. Limited enemy variety and copy-pasted boss monsters. Every level is constructed as one long winding hallway; you are always enclosed by some type of wall. That game takes linear to a whole new level. Terrible story that is poorly conveyed and ends on a cliffhanger. Awful art direction makes the game look awful. The color choice is terrible, and some environments are so bland that the walls look like they're painted one solid color. Jaggies are abundant. The ASE is a pointless mechanic that does two things. The first is adding an extra arbitrary element to the push button, open door routine. The second is making you stop every few feet to detonate mines that are no hazard a all because you're always made aware of their presence. They serve no purpose whatsoever and do nothing but make you stop and do nothing for a few seconds. The game is short. Multiplayer is glitchy.

Those are my complaints, anyway. I played the game upon its release and found it to be laughably bad. It is the only game I have ever had to force myself to play through, and I only did so to justify my criticisms of the game against the cries of "You didn't play it!"
#7SF_BahaPosted 7/25/2010 8:16:47 PM
To be fair, overhype and hackers are not faults of the game itself, they're faults of the developers running their mouths and the players, respectively.
#8LigersRulePosted 7/25/2010 8:17:54 PM
All in all, I think that most complaints were about the glitches and hackers, but there were some saying the story was linear and corridor-ish, a lot of people didn't like the symmetrical MP maps, and the art style for the game was considered uninspired and lacking.

That's most of what I can think of... Really, nearly every complaint was about glitching and hacking. Granted, some people complain about match-making time, some about the lack of offline multi, and some about the lack of a party mode.... But the bulk of complaints were in the above paragraph.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#9Fluxy1223Posted 7/25/2010 8:18:23 PM
walking through people and the graphics
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name.
#10Icuras08(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2010 8:20:49 PM
From what they've said and from what we've seen, I'm pretty sure they fixed almost all of that(still need to learn about story)

Didn't HVSTony say that the pre-alpha was already 100x better than the first Conduit? Looks like that might actually have some truth.
---