co-op story

#1ideandaruizPosted 7/25/2010 8:11:39 PM
can there be co-op mode in campeign it doesnt matter if it is like cod reflex because atleast you shoot
#2JarinmackPosted 7/25/2010 8:21:18 PM
No Co-op story, but there will be a co-op invasion mode up to 4 players splitscreen and 4 player online. Kinda like ODST`s Firefight mode.
---
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: CASAKI
MWR: M|Beasty. My gold guns: Uzi, Ak, M10, M60.
#3Simok123Posted 7/25/2010 9:00:05 PM
i dont know why they dont have one....maybe to save time..
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 7/25/2010 9:24:18 PM

can there be co-op mode in campeign it doesnt matter if it is like cod reflex because atleast you shoot

like CoD reflex? That kind of co-op is really lame. "Hey, want to play a game?" "Sure!" "Okay, I'll be doing most of the stuff. You just sit there and shoot. Think of it as a rail shooter I'm controlling :D" ... :\

i dont know why they dont have one....maybe to save time..

a co-op story? It's more than just not enough time. The entire campaign has to be designed around being able to be played with 2-4 people as well as just 1 person. If it is splitscreen co-op, there's also the extra toll it takes on the game because rendering all the stuff in the game on multiple screens independently isn't possible on the wii unless you really downgrade the graphics and such.

While its true that the amount of time they have is a big factor, it takes a lot of commitment towards co-op to have a full co-op story mode. Especially on the wii. Not all games are better off with co-op. You often have to ask yourself what would be lost if co-op is added.

(this is assuming you're not talking about one of those cop-out co-op modes like I described above that are just there to say you have co-op gameplay)
---
Playing: Borderlands, Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#5Valdimir_DregaPosted 7/25/2010 9:47:04 PM
There's another topic much like this one, in which HVSTony described the reasons why they don't have co-op campaign.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#6ddd87Posted 7/26/2010 3:54:35 AM
The grinder wii has co-op campaign. That game is being designed with co-op so the levels will be different.
I cant remember if it will have splitscreen and online or one of the two.
#7tconslayerPosted 7/26/2010 8:02:33 AM

well its a bit late and hey mabey it will b an improvement and added in if they make a conduit 3 which would rock but i would only want two players and all and with another player i would bump up the dificulty to make it more fun and all so it wouldnt b bad

#8psychobrewPosted 7/26/2010 8:07:12 AM
Stories don't belong in multiplayer, at least not when playing online. Stories too often get in the way of gameplay and you end up with one giant scripted mess (which is what I really hated about MWRs single player campaign).
#9tconslayerPosted 7/26/2010 1:51:43 PM

well i mean like just two player campaign local and all not online too complicated but i think that would b a nice touch to it

#10ghost_of_a_manPosted 7/26/2010 2:28:20 PM
I really don' t see why everyone is crying about. The 4-player splitscreen deathmatch/invasion is all I need for local multiplayer.
---
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.