Lock-on or No Lock-on

#1Simok123Posted 7/29/2010 7:05:21 AM
alot of people hate lock-on and alot of people love it. So HV made a mode with NO lock-on and only iron sights. But the people who still hate lock on want it out of the game 100%. Do you think it should be out? I dont. I think its not that bad and only keeps the player on the screen. it does not aim for you. and if they took it out, it would basicly be a COD with aliens. i think they should keep it so its like the first and so they dont piss people off.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#2halbedier22Posted 7/29/2010 7:21:04 AM
lock on and iron sights are for noobs. l33t wii players hip fire all the time
---
this signature is not disruptive
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/29/2010 7:26:39 AM
Lock on is 100% needed :D
#4SmallerRidleyPosted 7/29/2010 7:43:24 AM
It depends on how the lock-on is implemented. The better mode will end up with more players after enough time.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#5Valdimir_DregaPosted 7/29/2010 7:50:51 AM
Seems like no matter how much I play the game (I've put in over 180 hours into C1, most of them in multiplayer) I still play like a n00b, so I'd rather have lock-on left in there.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#6Brownprouder23Posted 7/29/2010 9:49:07 AM
In a way, I think lock-on sort of made the game feel like it is. Without it, it would just be another cod title. Either way, I don't mind. I like cod.
#7RisenTerranPosted 7/29/2010 10:26:00 AM
I'll play whatever mode is larger -_-

---
Ya, Im the guy who used trig to prove the Black Comet was far bigger than the Ark. There is now proof that Shadow's Chaos Control cant be rivaled by Sonic's.
#8ryudo_dragoonPosted 7/29/2010 10:33:42 AM
It depends on how the lock-on is implemented. The better mode will end up with more players after enough time.
Pretty much this, but I'm fairly sure with the adding of ADS, lock-on died.
---
"I have absolutely no idea how to even remotely respond to this thread.
Congrats on making my brain explode." - HVS Tony
#9SupahShnipaPosted 7/29/2010 10:38:14 AM
"In a way, I think lock-on sort of made the game feel like it is. Without it, it would just be another cod title. Either way, I don't mind. I like cod."

I need to get this out of my system. I mean no offense to you, you just were the latest guy to say it is all.

Whats with everyone comparing FPS gales to Call of Duty? WTF?!?
Everytime im on the internet this happens, every new FPS trailer that released gets labeled "COD Wannabe". I recently was looking at the Forge World video (Check it out, it'll blow your mind) and I saw MANY a comment along the lines of "Just another FPS trying to make itself not look like a COD knock off".
What.... The....****
How is Halo like COD? And how does a MAP EDITOR have ANYTING to do with COD? This is seriously annoying. People have been acting like Call of Duty invented the Modern Warfare Shooter and invented the FPS in general. Ever heard of Counter Strike? Doom? UT? Quake? Half-Life?
COD "Copied" all these games and more.

Also, look at the Wikipedia entry for Call of Duty. (inb4wikiizunreliable)
"Call of Duty is a video game based on the World War 2 Quake III Arena engine (id Tech 3)"

/rant

Anyways, Conduit 2 is nothing like Call of Duty, with or without Lock-On, it's more like a Half-Life type game IMO. They aren't making all weapons overpowered and giving you miniscule health, or giving us insane killstreak bonuses, encouraging camping, as well as all the other things that makes COD play like it does.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#10halbedier22Posted 7/29/2010 10:44:01 AM
CoD is the most popular, and therefore most talked about shooter on Earth atm. it sucks, deal w/ it dood.

BC2 > CoD btw

p.s.
CoD is absolutely horrible on the wii.
---
this signature is not disruptive