Playing the Objective

#1SupahShnipaPosted 8/3/2010 1:19:09 PM
I really hope this game will reward people for playing the objective. Looking at games like Call of duty, it basically encourages you to camp and penalizes you for playing the objective.

Also, I really, REALLY hope this game doesn't show KDR. I'd much rather have it only show Win/Loss Ratio.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#2UltimateFlame13Posted 8/3/2010 2:27:31 PM
They could use xp as an incentive. I know some people who just ran around killing people no matter what the objective just to get the xp. Depending on what the objective is they could have something that affects the amount of xp you get per kill depending on how close you are to the objective. Like in Capture the ASE the further you are away from your ASE or the opponents ASE the less xp you get per kill. They could also greatly increase the amount of xp you get for accomplishing tasks, like having a captured ASE gives you more xp than such and such number of kills.
---
Playing: Borderlands, Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#3SupahShnipa(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2010 2:46:47 PM
Yea, I'd like to see you get much more XP for playing the objective.
---
#4HosefePosted 8/3/2010 6:39:26 PM
They could also give in-game rewards for playing the objective like unlocking certain perks/weapons that help more in objective matches, since some people won't want to play objective matches.

---
Daos for currency in Conduit 2
Conduit FC: 0045-1264-6604 Name: Hosefe
#5UltimateFlame13Posted 8/3/2010 6:55:20 PM
Yeah that's true. Maybe even have some kind of achievements thing (or is this one of the things nintendo doesn't allow? so much I can't even remember anymore >_>) and have some of the achievements be like a high number of ASE captures, ASE kills, successful bounties, etc. They could give huge chunks of xp and currency as a reward or even different unlocks for your character customization.
---
Playing: Borderlands, Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ5, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#6SupahShnipa(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2010 6:58:06 PM
Id like to see Game-Specific "Medal" type things. Where at the end of a match it shows thinks like Most Kills, Deaths, Flag Captures, Flag Returns, Headshot Kills etc. They would also be tracked and you can basically see what type of player someone is be looking at the types and amounts of medals they get.
---
#7ddd87Posted 8/3/2010 7:01:56 PM
Mario Kart wii allows unlockables through a certain number of online matches, thats almost like an achievement.
And Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy has those friend credits that can only be unlocked by receiving them.
#8ddd87Posted 8/3/2010 7:03:55 PM
my post was for flame ....