Now we all know Conduit 2 will be having Split-Screen Multiplayer...

#1goldenlink64Posted 8/4/2010 2:38:00 PM
However the real question is, will it actually be good?

From what I see, Conduit 2 is focusing on 12 player multiplayer which means that the developers are going to be focusing on making big multiplayer maps Designed For 12 Players.

So, lets say that two players decide to have a one on one death match. If Conduit 2's map design is completely focused on 12 player multiplayer, we are going to end up with many scenarios where both players just wander around a huge map and finally find each other every 2 minutes or so, respawn and repeat the boring process all over again (Halo 2 and 3 are big offenders of this but Halo 2 at least had a few good maps).
This isn't limited to just two players either. Maps could also be too big for just 4 players and even then, I highly doubt many people own enough Wii Remotes and Nunchucks to have a 4 player death match on the Wii.

That is my main concern about Conduit 2. However, I could happily be proved wrong. If HVS can create maps as well designed for 2-6 players such as the ones in Halo, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye 007 (N64), I will gladly buy a copy of Conduit 2.
---
I tried reality once... I don't get it, where's my health bar suppose to be?
#2Icuras08Posted 8/4/2010 2:41:19 PM
I think the maps get smaller the less people that are in it.
Can someone explain this?
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Zelgius
Give me Liberty, or give me pizza pie!
#3SmallerRidleyPosted 8/4/2010 2:47:10 PM
The Conduit had smaller maps in it.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#4mysockshurt101Posted 8/4/2010 2:57:21 PM
ok like you said Halo 2 and 3 are offenders of this...but it works doesn't it...i mean even Halo had some pretty big maps and all you could do was LAN. you could very well have the same argument for any other FPS on a console, why have it for Conduit 2
#5tconslayerPosted 8/4/2010 2:58:50 PM

ya like the infirmiry it was ment for less people but with a shotgun it can still b fun with twelve people so the maps will work

#6ghost_of_a_manPosted 8/4/2010 4:39:25 PM
Well they are bringing some maps back, right? The Conduit had some small maps here and there. If I was playing with a friend, it would ALWAYS be on the hardcore mode. Better yet, if you can customize game settings for private matches and splitscreen matches, disable lock on and keep radar, or just tell my friend not to lock on or I'll punch him.
---
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
The Conduit Friend Code-Max:4039-3774-5890
#7Valdimir_DregaPosted 8/4/2010 4:47:24 PM
HVS developed maps in the first game with varied amounts of players in mind. Why would they change that development philosophy for C2.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#8ddd87Posted 8/4/2010 4:54:00 PM
Choose Streets V.2 and problem solved
#9goldenlink64(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2010 12:27:29 AM
"ok like you said Halo 2 and 3 are offenders of this...but it works doesn't it...i mean even Halo had some pretty big maps and all you could do was LAN."

Halo only had 2 maps that were dedicated towards 16 players while the rest of the maps were good for 2-6 players. While some maps were bigger than others, most of the maps were still good for one on one death matches and 4-player brawls.

[begin rant]

Halo 2 and 3 (but mostly 3) had maps that would actually require you to screen look on your friend's screen Just to get a good idea of where to heading to in order to find him in the Overly Huge maps that Bungie had made.

Even if you screen looked, it would still take you a good minute or two just to find your friend. If you don't screen look, you could spend up to 2-5 minutes just wandering around aimlessly trying to find someone who you should have killed 7 times in the meantime but couldn't because the map was too big for two players.

[end rant]

"you could very well have the same argument for any other FPS on a console, why have it for Conduit 2"

Why not? Conduit 2 is going against quite a few other well known games and if Conduit 2 will not be featuring multiplayer bots, it needs to rely on a strong Campaign and Multiplayer. Not only that but if developers expect us to shell out $50 for a new video game I expect full quality, whether be it from a 24+ hour campaign (replayable too) or from a strong multiplayer that will last us for years. Online and Local.
---
I tried reality once... I don't get it, where's my health bar suppose to be?
#10mysockshurt101Posted 8/6/2010 9:16:26 AM
here's an idea...pick your freakin map if you have 2 players...who's to say there won't be enough small maps...or even medium sized maps