Does anybody else want a PC like field of view?

#1psychobrewPosted 8/5/2010 8:20:30 AM

One of the things I hate about console FPSs is the narrow field of view. Sometimes, you just feel like you're playing with blinders on.

I think it would be great if we could adjust the field of view to taste, even if it means a wider field of view would cut the graphics quality. FOV is the most underrated aspect of a video game and I would love it if developers started paying more attention to it.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, think of a zoom camera. Most console FPSs give you a view like your zoomed in on a camera, where the good PC games are zoomed out.

#2ZantX1Posted 8/5/2010 10:52:15 AM
it should be one of the camera options where you can choose which X or Y you can look
#3TurboweaslePosted 8/5/2010 11:59:20 AM
It's an FPS. That's First Person Shooter.

It's hard to work in peripheral view into a video game, so you just have a narrower field of view. If there were an option to change the field of view, everyone with the larger field of view would have an advantage as they would be more aware of what's going on around them.
---
"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." -Ignatius Reilly
#4psychobrew(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2010 12:16:36 PM
And hopefully, people would learn to appreciate the wider field of view. I find the narrow field of view on console FPSs annoying.
#5Brownprouder23Posted 8/5/2010 12:19:06 PM
Go play a PC shooter then.
#6psychobrew(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2010 1:28:12 PM
Conduit 2 isn't going to be on the PC.