My POTENTIAL Conduit rant

#1SaintXSPosted 8/6/2010 10:26:28 AM
Here I will rant and encourage you to rant about things that could potentially ruin the game but we do not know about yet until we actually play it.

- Needing to buy a headset for each fps we play on the Wii
- No Wii speak support so it's a waste of money
- No party system
- No talking in publics
- Takes long to join public matches
- Funny player movements and choppy gun control like original conduit
- Taking forever to even join a private match
- Shooting someone, they survive long enough to kill a couple of people, and then they die due to lag
- Same time deaths
- Explosive weapons (although this in all games)
- Lock on being overpowered
- "Hardcore" mode not having lock on, but then it also decreases the amount of bullets to kill and takes away all the fun stuff like HC does in CoD
- Hackers, map glitches, gun glitches
- No good private match settings
- "Join in progress" for private matches always on with no ability to kick
- Huge framerate drops when you go from 10 to 11 players like in the original game

Lower your expectations people and you will not be as disappointed when the game comes out.
#2TurboweaslePosted 8/6/2010 10:46:30 AM
Hi Saint. How are you?

My only issue is not being able to get in a party and then joining games. Don't see why that's necessary. Just make a mode like Merc TDM, right?
---
"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." -Ignatius Reilly
#3Tony90908Posted 8/6/2010 10:47:40 AM
Someone said that wii speak was confirmed not so long ago (After all the rambling about whether or not to put it in)

But yeah this game is sketchy in my opinion.
---
TKO Tony
PSN:FrostedFlakes141
#4SaintXS(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2010 10:52:48 AM
Omg hey turbo lol :P, long time no speak,, heard you were a ps3 guy, I went the other way :P
---
xS:Saint!-
1084-6779-8101
#5The_ShaderPosted 8/6/2010 11:04:53 AM
Seeing as how your not serious with your post TC.

Pointless Topic. 0/10
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#6halbedier22Posted 8/6/2010 11:42:32 AM
lol, wiispeak was already a waste of money

hi saintxs
---
this signature is not disruptive
#7LigersRulePosted 8/6/2010 12:36:30 PM
- No talking in publics
Confirmed not to be in. It's a Nintendo restriction. You can add them to your rival list and talk to them, though.

- Takes long to join public matches
- Taking forever to even join a private match

These are being worked on.... That's all I know.

- Shooting someone, they survive long enough to kill a couple of people, and then they die due to lag
Seems more of an issue with the connection of the players. They can't really upgrade servers, as the servers they use are Nintendo's.

- Same time deaths
I'm not really sure how this is a problem.

- Explosive weapons (although this in all games)
Who cares? That's why you keep an Aegis Device in one of your weapon loadouts.

- Lock on being overpowered
Rumored soft lock on.

- "Hardcore" mode not having lock on, but then it also decreases the amount of bullets to kill and takes away all the fun stuff like HC does in CoD
HVS has said that no lock-on/radar is the only change at the moment, and won't change that unless high customer demand, so....

- Hackers, map glitches, gun glitches
And so what, the patch system is just decoration?

---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
The Conduit: Sychs
#8donkeypunch1116Posted 8/6/2010 12:50:19 PM
well lets see here

- Needing to buy a headset for each fps we play on the Wii - i hear ya, but its better than wiispeak

- No Wii speak support so it's a waste of money - good. wiispeak is garbage

- No party system - they are supposedly looking into it. high probability it will be there. please vote in the poll topic on this page. the first post will give you an idea of whats going on with this issue.

- No talking in publics - i dont care to talk to randoms, having to hear about what a 12 yr old would do to my mother...

- Takes long to join public matches - supposedly fixed per HVS

- Funny player movements and choppy gun control like original conduit - not sure bout this one

- Taking forever to even join a private match - probably fixed as well

- Shooting someone, they survive long enough to kill a couple of people, and then they die due to lag - yeah this did suck

- Same time deaths - eh happens in alot of shooters

- Explosive weapons (although this in all games) - agreed. they suck

- Lock on being overpowered - im playin hardcore mostly

- "Hardcore" mode not having lock on, but then it also decreases the amount of bullets to kill and takes away all the fun stuff like HC does in CoD - as far as i know, its just no radar, no lock on. i dont think its one hit kills or anything...

- Hackers, map glitches, gun glitches - fixed and patches to solve any issues that may arise

- No good private match settings - probably improved

- "Join in progress" for private matches always on with no ability to kick - hopefully improved

- Huge framerate drops when you go from 10 to 11 players like in the original game - cant run any worse than modern warfare reflex lol. seriously, i dont remember having to lag shoot in the conduit, correct me if im wrong

...and thats about it. all said, im happy with how this game is turning out :)

---
convenience store clerk- "hey buddy, you gonna pay for all that stuff?!"
me- "looking into it." *walks out the door*
#9TurboweaslePosted 8/6/2010 12:51:08 PM
Omg hey turbo lol :P, long time no speak,, heard you were a ps3 guy, I went the other way :P

Yeah. I needed a DVD player and Internet browser as well as a respectable console, so I went with the PS3. XD

Joking aside, you thinking about getting this game despite the poor quality of the first? Even though I play PS3 nearly to the full exclusion of the Wii, I can't help but feel like I might be missing out on the real savior of Wii FPSs. *Shrugs*

Ligersrule, I think there's a reason Saint emphasized "potential" in his topic title. I don't think he was saying that the issues he listed would be in C2, merely that they could be problems. Could be wrong, though.
---
"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." -Ignatius Reilly
#10LigersRulePosted 8/6/2010 1:35:04 PM
Ligersrule, I think there's a reason Saint emphasized "potential" in his topic title. I don't think he was saying that the issues he listed would be in C2, merely that they could be problems. Could be wrong, though.

Yeah, but a lot of these are already confirmed. Some of them, I agree with, and didn't reference them. Others are practically hoping it will go wrong, because they've supposedly already been fixed, or are being fixed now. For instance, if he doesn't want hardcore mode to be like CoD, then maybe he should voice concern, because they said they are only changing it on popular demand.
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
The Conduit: Sychs