Two glitches I've not seen discussed on this board.

#1Aile_WingPosted 8/8/2010 5:43:44 PM
The first is the Warp Pistol suicide glitch. I recall being told what causes this, but I can't remember the details. To put it simply, the glitch is when the game considers someone to have committed suicide when you or someone else has knowingly killed an individual with the Warp Pistol.

The second doesn't have a name (I've never seen it mentioned), so I'm going to call it the invisible man glitch. What occurs is there is a player in the game that you cannot interact with. Consequently, and I assume, he cannot interact with you. This is evidenced by players shooting at someone who isn't there. But what's most telling is when the kill display shows that a players has been killed with a specific weapon, but there is no name given to the player who did the killing. Instead it is blank.

To ensure that these glitches would not be forgotten I have created this topic. I apologize if these glitches have been brought to the board's attention previously.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#2CheslukPosted 8/8/2010 6:08:59 PM
Don't forget the friendly fire glitch.
---
I support Daos (doritos and orange soda) for C2's currency.
I wanna run people over with a pickup truck in C2!
#3Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2010 7:08:54 PM
^ I can't tell if your referring to killing your teammates, which does occur, however rarely, or the glitch where your skin is one team color but your name is the opposite one, resulting in you being able to be killed by your teammates. Either way they are both problems. Thank you for reminding me of those.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
#4CheslukPosted 8/8/2010 7:45:00 PM
I'm referring to the one where your reticule turns red over them and they show up as hostile on your radar. At first I thought someone hacked their name and skin. I feel bad for killing the guy. It happened in another match so I just watched my shots. A few days later it happened during an explosives match to ME :(.
---
#5Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2010 8:08:08 PM
It's especially bothersome when people who are supposed to be your teammates realize that killing you gives their team points. I had that happen to me once. This one player would not let me out of the Pentagon ASE area. He just camped there waiting for my arrival. I tried so many times to escape his SMAW, but I failed every time. I eventually quit.
---
#6CheslukPosted 8/8/2010 8:23:56 PM
I never got any points for teamkilling. Although I once heard the announcer lady say "teamkill" once....I think.
---
I wanna run people over with a pickup truck in C2!I
#7Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2010 8:46:53 PM
Yes, the announcer will say "team kill" when you do kill an ally, however this is a very rare occurrence and is not connected to someone who is killed by their teammates when their skin color is the color if one team but their name color is the opposite.
---
#8Green_TunicPosted 8/8/2010 10:33:31 PM
I've killed my teammates a bunch of times. It never gave our team points.
---
Call me Silly_Tunic!!!
http://leakybattery.wordpress.com/ (mah videogame blog)
#9CheslukPosted 8/8/2010 10:35:07 PM
The first time I heard the teamkill announcement, my teammate and I were "guarding" our ammo cache when a blue guy appeared. My teammate charged him while I threw a grenade for "assistance" and it landed dead center in-between them.............................although the blue already died :(. It was a decent lob though considering they were in a hallway. He didn't have the "symptoms" the other guys had though.
---