Possibilities for a Machinima?

#1Valdimir_DregaPosted 8/10/2010 1:29:19 AM
Ok, for those of you that don't know what a machinima is, it's usually a fan made episodic series that is created using footage from a videogame. Think "Red vs. Blue" for Halo.

Now, you may be thinking that this is a bit premature. The game hasn't even been released yet, sure, but it takes quite a lot of work to make a decent machinima. There were a few attempts to make one for the first game, but, IMO, they didn't really work out too well.

I had the means to record a machinima a couple of months ago, but my laptop died and the cords won't reach from the desktop to my living-room. I'm hoping that I can save up enough for a new laptop by the time C2 arrives to remedy that situation.

In the meantime, would anyone be interested in throwing around a few ideas, and participating in it? I've got a great Michael Ford impression, and I'm a sophomore theatre major in college. I'd really like to collaborate with any of you guys that might be interested. Just a thought...-_0
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#2Z1LVER12Posted 8/10/2010 1:31:38 AM
I would be Interested, it just depends on what role I'm playing :D
#3Valdimir_Drega(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2010 1:39:33 AM
I usually try to approach these things in such a way that keeps the singleplayer storyline nothing more than background reference material. I haven't even made any characters or attempted to make a storyline for it yet, hence the collaboration process.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#4tconslayerPosted 8/10/2010 6:56:22 AM

ok beleive it or not we are actually making a machinima were makin a noob camp and all we are having like 7 or 8 epesodes and were also gonna do like if master cheif played conduit 2 lol

#5Killeryoshi8Posted 8/10/2010 7:16:36 AM
I have no wiispeak or mic or whatsoever so I can't actually talk in the machinima videos.

But I would really like to participate in Machinima videos if you need some silent actors ;)
---
Coming to the Wii: Conduit 2 --- Goldeneye 007 --- CoD: Black Ops Wii
Out now for PC: Minecraft
#6ddd87Posted 8/10/2010 7:47:24 AM
Well, Ive got an idea:

Maybe the cameraman can use the AR-C Eclipse since its alt mode makes it disappear completely from view.
#7tconslayerPosted 8/10/2010 8:12:03 AM

actually there is a way to make your gun at the bottom of ur screet and unnoticeable and thats what were doin

#8coolman229Posted 8/10/2010 8:30:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9coolman229Posted 8/10/2010 8:30:54 AM
What kind of machinima will it be? Humorous like RvB or serious?
---
We're glad we won you over to the fight for the earth. Check out "The Last Story" from the creator of Final Fantasy!
Currently playing: Cave Story, Majora's Mask (VC), Brawl (still), Mega Man 9, Okami, Chrono Trigger
#10tconslayerPosted 8/10/2010 9:18:29 AM

ok its gonna be acting serious like "teachin" them but its gonna be funny like me i teach close combat and all by having all the noobs vs me and i also teach them what tea baggin is