Possibilities for a Machinima?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Possibilities for a Machinima?
5 years ago#1
Ok, for those of you that don't know what a machinima is, it's usually a fan made episodic series that is created using footage from a videogame. Think "Red vs. Blue" for Halo.

Now, you may be thinking that this is a bit premature. The game hasn't even been released yet, sure, but it takes quite a lot of work to make a decent machinima. There were a few attempts to make one for the first game, but, IMO, they didn't really work out too well.

I had the means to record a machinima a couple of months ago, but my laptop died and the cords won't reach from the desktop to my living-room. I'm hoping that I can save up enough for a new laptop by the time C2 arrives to remedy that situation.

In the meantime, would anyone be interested in throwing around a few ideas, and participating in it? I've got a great Michael Ford impression, and I'm a sophomore theatre major in college. I'd really like to collaborate with any of you guys that might be interested. Just a thought...-_0
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
5 years ago#2
I would be Interested, it just depends on what role I'm playing :D
5 years ago#3
I usually try to approach these things in such a way that keeps the singleplayer storyline nothing more than background reference material. I haven't even made any characters or attempted to make a storyline for it yet, hence the collaboration process.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
5 years ago#4

ok beleive it or not we are actually making a machinima were makin a noob camp and all we are having like 7 or 8 epesodes and were also gonna do like if master cheif played conduit 2 lol

5 years ago#5
I have no wiispeak or mic or whatsoever so I can't actually talk in the machinima videos.

But I would really like to participate in Machinima videos if you need some silent actors ;)
---
Coming to the Wii: Conduit 2 --- Goldeneye 007 --- CoD: Black Ops Wii
Out now for PC: Minecraft
5 years ago#6
Well, Ive got an idea:

Maybe the cameraman can use the AR-C Eclipse since its alt mode makes it disappear completely from view.
5 years ago#7

actually there is a way to make your gun at the bottom of ur screet and unnoticeable and thats what were doin

5 years ago#8
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
5 years ago#9
What kind of machinima will it be? Humorous like RvB or serious?
---
We're glad we won you over to the fight for the earth. Check out "The Last Story" from the creator of Final Fantasy!
Currently playing: Cave Story, Majora's Mask (VC), Brawl (still), Mega Man 9, Okami, Chrono Trigger
5 years ago#10

ok its gonna be acting serious like "teachin" them but its gonna be funny like me i teach close combat and all by having all the noobs vs me and i also teach them what tea baggin is

1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Possibilities for a Machinima?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived