a thought about gaining experience in the single player game...

#1donkeypunch1116Posted 8/10/2010 6:54:01 AM
im sure alot of us are going to be plowing through the single player and (correct me if im wrong) we will be gaining xp in the process. if the xp is like the first game, where it multiplies for each consecutive kill in a row, then this will be an awesome addition for the campaign mode.

in most shooters, if you die its no biggy, as you can restart at a certain checkpoint with no loss. however, in C2 you would have to worry about losing the butt-ton of experience you just acquired, meaning that you will have to play much more cautiously.

if this is truly the case, then it will add an extra "oomph" to the single player game, and it should be awesome. your thoughts?

---
convenience store clerk- "hey buddy, you gonna pay for all that stuff?!"
me- "looking into it." *walks out the door*
#2Chaffer97Posted 8/10/2010 7:02:10 AM
People would exploit it too much, kinda like using private matches to gain XP. Maybe have it that only your first play through counts, and you have to be on a certain difficulty that way you cant just go on easy and never die.
#3donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2010 7:05:22 AM
well, if they had the amount of xp you gain be specific for each difficulty, then i think it could work really well, and give the player an incentive to be more careful when playing...

---
#4naruto3336Posted 8/10/2010 7:52:49 AM

How about having single-player xp system different from multiplayer? This would mean the whole experience system style is the same to unlock weapons and upgrades, but specific to singleplayer. This would increase replay value.

#5coolman229Posted 8/10/2010 8:34:48 AM
I like the idea. DO IT HVS!!
---
We're glad we won you over to the fight for the earth. Check out "The Last Story" from the creator of Final Fantasy!
Currently playing: Cave Story, Majora's Mask (VC), Brawl (still), Mega Man 9, Okami, Chrono Trigger
#6Brownprouder23Posted 8/10/2010 9:14:03 AM
I don't know what you're talking about, but if you want any xp for campaign it should be limited to acheivements that demand so much it's almost a waste of time. For example, you only get like 150 xp if you kill 200 enemies or something like that. That would be the max you could get for achievements.
#7donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2010 11:27:53 AM
^basically, im saying that it would be cool to have a kill streak multiplier for single player mode, kinda like some arcade shootemups do. it would add a whole new layer of depth to the campaign imho...

---
#8Korby9000Posted 8/10/2010 11:36:20 AM
I like the idea, but it should only apply to the upper difficulties, and you shouldn't get XP if you have any cheats on.
---
TCon Name: Korby 0045-0574-9949
#9donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2010 11:44:38 AM
^i would honestly like to see it vary depending on difficulty, but definitely not obtainable when using cheats

---