Conduit 2 needs to support classic controller too

#1Killeryoshi8Posted 8/10/2010 10:38:08 AM
it will be fun pwning them with the superior wiimote+nunchuck.

On a serious note, other FPS games for the Wii are doing it too.
---
Coming to the Wii: Conduit 2 --- Goldeneye 007 --- CoD: Black Ops Wii
Out now for PC: Minecraft
#2Brownprouder23Posted 8/10/2010 10:39:14 AM
If the classic controller pro were more responsive, it would have been the better control.
#3Killeryoshi8(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2010 10:51:01 AM
arg yea also the pro version.

but what do you mean with 'responsive'? are there problems with the classic controller pro?
---
#4CelticLink94Posted 8/10/2010 10:56:43 AM
You mean besides the fact that it isn't a pointer, and you need to use analog sticks instead? No, not really. But thats a big "besides" we're looking at. I know ppl who play the HD consoles have grown to love the dual analog, but why on earth would C2, a sequel to a game known for its wii controls, decide to shy away from that?
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#5LigersRulePosted 8/10/2010 11:09:11 AM
If I wanted to play a shooter with Duel Analog controls, I wouldn't be buying it for Wii.
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
The Conduit: Sychs
#6UltimateFlame13Posted 8/10/2010 11:13:11 AM
Implementing CC support isn't as easy as it sounds. C2 has multiple ways that it uses motion detection involving the guns and whatnot. C2 also has a completely customizable control system that is made only to work with the wiimote and nunchuck. The time and effort it would take to adjust all of the controls and the options (without there being any glitches) just to appease the small percentage of people who would use dual analog on the wii just isn't worth it.
---
Playing: Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger, LoZ Windwaker
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Guitar Hero WoR, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and more Borderlands!
#7Killeryoshi8(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2010 11:16:58 AM
okay, well sounds fair enough.

oh yea, I said "too" not "only". ofcourse HVS won't ditch the wiimote controls, I meant adding the CCPro as an EXTRA.

but you have a point ultimateflame, with its melee weapons and other things it may get awkward with just dual analog.

one more thing: the ONLY reason those fanboys of other consoles say dual analog is better is because they got used to it. ofcourse they were terrible with dual analog in the beginning too. what is wrong with practice????
---
#8LigersRulePosted 8/10/2010 11:23:14 AM
I meant adding the CCPro as an EXTRA.

That takes away development time. Release is coming up, they need to work on much more important things.
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
The Conduit: Sychs
#9donkeypunch1116Posted 8/10/2010 11:32:57 AM
i would like to see classic controller support and gamecube controller support implemented for 2 reasons:

1. so the crappy reviewers out their wont have an excuse to lower the games score, simply because they are too stubborn to except anything other than dual analog.

2. for non-wii gamers who come to my house for some split-screen multi (dont worry, i would have them using the superior wiimote before they left lol)

---
convenience store clerk- "hey buddy, you gonna pay for all that stuff?!"
me- "looking into it." *walks out the door*
#10ddd87Posted 8/10/2010 12:10:47 PM
^ This, the potential for a splitscreen multiplayer would increase with classic controllers, also being the wii is no excuse as in most multiplayer games the CCP or CGN are much better options. And there is no time limit, there is no release date yet.

Seriously, people who never touched wii shooters are really bad at handling the controller. I was trying to teach a friend of mine how to play MPTrilogy and he almost dies against Parasite Queen, and he plays normal shooters...