conduit 2: making good on old promises?

#1donkeypunch1116Posted 8/11/2010 12:13:39 PM
we all know the hype of the first game. "its gonna be great yada yada!". well, while i and some others enjoyed it, it DEFINITELY had its share of problems that kept it from greatness.

now C2 is coming out. what do you guys think? will this game finally be the game we were expecting, or will it bomb? please leave an explanation as well. all opinions are welcome here, and lets keep it civil lol :)

---
convenience store clerk- "hey buddy, you gonna pay for all that stuff?!"
me- "looking into it." *walks out the door*
#2raysnds1Posted 8/11/2010 12:22:11 PM
if it does what they are saying (this time)...i dont' think it will be a knockout hit....but it will sell 600,000 plus gruadually.

i think the COD Wii games gradually build to a million sells over a course of time....but someone may be able to correct me on that.
#3UltimateFlame13Posted 8/11/2010 12:31:42 PM
From what we've seen so far they've at least shown the potential to have fixed their mistakes. Only time will tell.
---
"It is a good life we lead, brother." "The best. May it never change." "And may it never change us." -AC2
Want: Golden Sun DD AC:B
#4donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2010 12:33:23 PM
well, my take on it: i think this game will end up being a great game.

like it or not, we were essentially beta testers in the first game. players found all kinds of wild ass issues that hvs couldnt even imagine to be possible. however, they were found, and they are now corrected. they have also taken things a step further by adding a patch system, as well as better hacker prevention. with that said they are basically leaving no stone unturned in the process of making this a better game.

as far as the gameplay goes, they listened to the feedback and have given fans almost everything they could ask for. no lock-on modes, loadouts instead of picking weapon sets, and (looking to be) much better maps. on top of this, they added a butt-load of new features that should definitely add some extra hours of playtime to the game.

basically, if everything is as corrected as hvs claims it is, then this game cant lose imho...

---
#5SupahShnipaPosted 8/11/2010 12:33:25 PM
So far, it looks like a patched TCon.
---
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif
#6donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2010 12:34:00 PM
^damn almost same time lol

---
#7Phasmatis92Posted 8/11/2010 12:34:03 PM
"think the COD Wii games gradually build to a million sells over a course of time"

Correct; COD 3 and World At War sold over 1.5 million on Wii, and Modern Warfare Reflex is well on it's way there at 1.1 million in less than a year.
#8donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2010 12:37:43 PM
""think the COD Wii games gradually build to a million sells over a course of time"

Correct; COD 3 and World At War sold over 1.5 million on Wii, and Modern Warfare Reflex is well on it's way there at 1.1 million in less than a year."

with that said, regardless of what some may say, the audience for this kind of thing is definitely there. i believe that if hvs can correct alot of the first games issues (which they apparently have), then they could end up getting a nice chunk of that pie too :)

---
#9Sudsy86_Posted 8/11/2010 1:05:58 PM

The only thing they can help definitively is simply adding more levels and weapons. They did that. But, they also did things which seem to change the feel of the game.

My bet is that it will like last game. More will buy it, butif they did ruin the feel to the game, its life will end as quickly as the first's did.

Making good on old promises? No. Just improving their short term.

#10donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2010 1:08:08 PM
^ :-0

---