Why do we want returning maps?

#1Synd_DromePosted 8/15/2010 5:27:01 PM
I don't get it. In the first game's multiplayer, all the maps were not enjoyable for me... I liked the guns, game modes and the different ways to play. However, I thought the fact that all the maps were symmetrical was absolutely stupid. Now, I realize the advantages to this are that neither side has an advantage, and that it makes the game completely fair. It's not like one side always has the upper hand in some game mode or another. But it seems like it'd be pretty easy to make a balanced stage without it being symmetrical, almost every other FPS does that.

So, my question is: Why do you want returning maps that are so uninspired? Obviously, there will be new maps, and from what I've seen, none of them are symmetrical. That's great, but it'd be nice if they didn't recycle their old maps. I'd much prefer they make a bunch of new, complex and original maps.
#2SmallerRidleyPosted 8/15/2010 5:37:48 PM
There are only a couple of returning maps.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#3tconslayerPosted 8/15/2010 5:45:48 PM

cause people want to play them without glitches and they said if they put them back in they would fix them up make the bigger and better

#4Synd_Drome(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2010 5:46:14 PM
Yes. But my question is: Why do we want them. And, if we don't want them, why are they in the game?
#5Synd_Drome(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2010 5:47:27 PM
Argh! Ninja'd.

So, they're not actually going to be the same maps? In that case, what's the point?
#6SmallerRidleyPosted 8/15/2010 5:54:22 PM
You don't want them if they're changed, and you don't want them if they're the same?
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#7Synd_Drome(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2010 5:56:31 PM
I wouldn't mind them if they're changed. I just doubt they'll change them enough to make them non-symmetrical. If they do, cool. But I don't get the point of doing it from HVS's point of view, seems like they could just make new maps instead.
#8UltimateFlame13Posted 8/15/2010 5:59:35 PM
I don't really mind symmetrical maps so there were a couple I had fun playing on and wouldn't mind seeing back. I agree that having all the maps symmetrical was kinda ugh though.
---
Playing: Batman AA, Borderlands
Want: Golden Sun DD, Killzone 3, Batman AC, Infamous 2, Brink, Conduit 2, AC Brotherhood, and Borderlands Robot Revolution dlc.
#9ddd87Posted 8/15/2010 6:35:54 PM
Because porting maps is easy ^_^

Im totally ok with old maps in games, as long there are more new ones.
#10ddd87Posted 8/15/2010 6:37:36 PM
And Tony said the maps werent going to be changed much.