Why do we want returning maps?

#21Sudsy86_Posted 8/16/2010 7:23:13 AM

For variety. Nothing more. And, some levels--like the warehouse and the complex--worked really well. And, the other small maps we want back for faster gameplay.

Besides, as someone who develops ideas to put onto disc, coming up with new ideas and then implimenting them accurately isn't a matter of just sitting down and throwing out ideas. The system they have is levels which exist in the singleplayer mode. And, some levels just might not fit the bill in mp more. Also, the old levels might take up less disc space.

It's pretty simple, dude.

#22Simok123Posted 8/16/2010 7:38:43 AM
basicly, I just want the old maps back =P
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#23dacheatcodePosted 8/16/2010 7:53:22 AM
Pentagon better not return.

USED to like that map. >.>
---
If that thing is a Big Book, HE MUST BE A ****IN' GIANT! Run! ~Penn and Teller
#24Korby9000Posted 8/16/2010 11:08:36 AM
Pentagon would SUCK in this game. Phase Rifle would make it HELL. You wouldn't even need to take the middleground building, you could just stick in your base and snipe everyone.
---
TCon Name: Korby 0045-0574-9949
#25The_ShaderPosted 8/16/2010 12:39:50 PM
Or take the Automated Turret in the middle building window, aiming at the enemy base. Then go and hide in the sewers to get your kill streak going.

i like it actually, especially if you cant destroy the Turret. (it is your primary weapon. Unless this game offers the ability to destroy others weapons, your Turret should be invincible.)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#26SmallerRidleyPosted 8/16/2010 12:42:56 PM
It can probably be disabled by enemy fire, then you have to go pick it up and lay it out again after some time penalty. Also, I don't know exactly, but it probably doesn't have that large of a vertical range.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#27Sudsy86_Posted 8/16/2010 1:12:39 PM

Korby9000 posted...
Pentagon would SUCK in this game. Phase Rifle would make it HELL. You wouldn't even need to take the middleground building, you could just stick in your base and snipe everyone.
---

Hmm. Great idea. Now approaching camping teams will be easier. I could rarely take on good players with good weapons when they camped me. And when I did it took forever. Now, I can make them come out....

Yes!

#28Chaffer97Posted 8/16/2010 1:41:28 PM
The Phase rifle can't go through too thick of walls or multuple ones, so yoo'd pretty much would be doing the same thing that we did with the scar, except with a layer pulled back. You wouldnt be able to snipe the other base from yours in pentagon. Plus people are notified to get out of the way if theyre being aimed at through a wall.
#29The_ShaderPosted 8/16/2010 4:36:57 PM
^ Chaffer... where did you learn this stuff???
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#30Chaffer97Posted 8/16/2010 5:35:40 PM
^It's in one of the interviews from E3. I think it might've been one with Tony actually. I remember him saying that you could only shoot through a specific wall depth. And if you think about it, a gun that could lock on to one player from a cross the map would be too much of an advantage.