Ugh, that text on the bottom of the cover

#1KratosDKPosted 8/18/2010 2:35:49 PM
Are they ever going to remove that? It looks atrocious. I love the cover itself, and personally, I say it is at least 5X better than the first cover AND can probably attract those buyers that base a game off a cover. BUT, that text on the bottom, is so detracting and ugly >.<.

Is this the FINAL build of the cover? Cause I liked the one without the text on the bottom better :/
#2SupahShnipaPosted 8/18/2010 2:39:02 PM
I agree, It does look a little unprofessional. It's better than the original at least.
---
Minecraft > ALL
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif
#3donkeypunch1116Posted 8/18/2010 2:42:04 PM
im not a huge fan of it either, but i suppose its there to attract the potential customers that arent up on the games features. if its there to snare a couple of extra bucks, then so be it...

---
convenience store clerk- "hey buddy, you gonna pay for all that stuff?!"
me- "looking into it." *walks out the door*
#4Simok123Posted 8/18/2010 2:42:38 PM
it helps people know that so they dont have to ask someone to take it out of the self. And its a selling point.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#5theEvilJohnPosted 8/19/2010 12:23:45 PM
the cover on the sega website doesn't have the text at the bottom:
www.sega.co.uk/games/uploaded/packshot_uploads/CON2_Wii_officialPackshot_PEGI_med.jpg
can't find a bigger image but the text is clearly gone.
#6FPS1337Posted 8/19/2010 1:42:52 PM

theEvilJohn posted...
the cover on the sega website doesn't have the text at the bottom:
www.sega.co.uk/games/uploaded/packshot_uploads/CON2_Wii_officialPackshot_PEGI_med.jpg
can't find a bigger image but the text is clearly gone.

i hope thats what it will look like, with the text it kind of looks like a really cheap game in the bargain bin for 14.99

#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/19/2010 1:47:58 PM
my cover is either going to be open, with the art facing the table, with the game in my wii, OR its going to be in the shelf facing the back cover of whichever game come next after "Conduit 2", which right now is "Excite Truck".

I don't care about that little bit of text, and neither does my Table, or Excite Truck.
#8XChaosPrimeXPosted 8/20/2010 8:30:28 PM
I actually like it. This shows that the game has a lot to offer people. Besides a FPS on the Wii with SPLITSCREEN!!?? Its like a gamer's wet dream. Of course there was Metroid Prime Trilogy and Red Steel (I'm not even gonna count QoS). Splitscreen man! It speaks for itself ;D
#9ammartin08Posted 8/21/2010 4:27:32 PM
It'd be better if they put that text on a sticker outside the plastic, instead of printing it on the bottom of the box.
#10ddd87Posted 8/21/2010 5:03:40 PM
May if it had a different font... Or a text box...
I don't know