Looks like getting spammed with Explosive set is solved

#11ddd87Posted 8/21/2010 7:25:45 PM
The smaw has at least 3 shots.
There is a suit upgrade (we should start calling them like that :P) that gives you double ammo, and there is one that lets hou have two primary guns.
I hope those two are incompatible with each other
#12SupahShnipaPosted 8/21/2010 7:27:50 PM
The smaw has at least 3 shots.
There is a suit upgrade (we should start calling them like that :P) that gives you double ammo, and there is one that lets hou have two primary guns.
I hope those two are incompatible with each otherM

Yea.

Also, I just hope HVS will fix balance issues post-release.
---
Minecraft > ALL
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif
#13ocarinaoftasiPosted 8/22/2010 12:12:24 AM
The SMAW is just your ordinary rocket launcher, it's only natural it's going to be abused and people won't like it. I can already imagine the TPC Launcher being a camping weapon, as it's pretty much a grenade launcher now and it can plant mines.
---
The wizard did it.
The Conduit FC: 4984-8243-5440 Tasi.
#14donkeypunch1116Posted 8/22/2010 1:40:17 AM
"Looks like getting spammed with Explosive set is solved"

erm, i dunno man. now that its a primary weapon, im picturing whole teams of noobs running around with these damn things >_<. hopefully thats not the case, but i dont have a good feeling about it...

---
convenience store clerk- "hey buddy, you gonna pay for all that stuff?!"
me- "looking into it." *walks out the door*
#15ocarinaoftasiPosted 8/22/2010 1:41:47 AM
A noob with a SMAW really isn't that hard to take out. If you take cover dodge the rocket, you can take them out while they're reloading. On Explosive set, after the enemy fires, a combo of TPC and frags knocks em' down no problem.
---
The wizard did it.
The Conduit FC: 4984-8243-5440 Tasi.
#16donkeypunch1116Posted 8/22/2010 2:39:01 AM
^true, but i know im gonna start raging when i spend a whole match dodging rockets coming from every corner of the map lol. im really just hoping that the smaw doesnt become conduit 2s version of the noob tube :(

---
convenience store clerk- "hey buddy, you gonna pay for all that stuff?!"
me- "looking into it." *walks out the door*
#17SupahShnipaPosted 8/22/2010 9:34:48 AM
A noob with a SMAW really isn't that hard to take out.
The problem is that people will get vengeful and you'll see just as many pros as noobs running SMAW primaries. The only difference is that these guys will pull out their secondaries if they miss and pop some headshots with that instead.
---
Minecraft > ALL
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif
#18psychobrewPosted 8/22/2010 11:26:31 AM
I didn't mind the explosive set, though it did get on my nerves when people would shoot explosives like a machine gun.