what caused the spawn glitch

#31CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/25/2010 4:51:11 PM
"The one true thing that HVS has done to really piss me off is Tony's post.. Tony's excuse was so obviously made up, and so crassly made to attempt to shift the blame on hackers, which were hated a lot on the board. And nobody believed it, because hacks weren't made until a few days after the release, and yet people still got the spawn glitch."

I think if a dev were to make up an excuses, It wouldn't sound obviously made up...
Unfortunately, no matter how you look at it, Tony's word trumps just about everyone else's.
Any argument discrediting him holds burden of proof.

However, I'm not really going to assume the ghost server is correct without seeing Tony's post myself, along with the context.
#32Icuras08Posted 8/25/2010 5:00:48 PM
Whatever. The spawn glitch is the past.
Best if we forget.
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
Highest Anticipated Game: Rune Factory 3!!!
#33SupahShnipaPosted 8/25/2010 5:06:33 PM
I think if a dev were to make up an excuses, It wouldn't sound obviously made up...

*Looks at Treyarch...

"Der's not enough RAMz!"
---
Greg Hastings Paintball 2 for the Wii!
#34BainesPosted 8/25/2010 10:23:17 PM
"poor internet connection - No...there's no way an internet connection causes a glitch in the game"

A poor internet connection can cause problems, particularly if the game has poor or no handling for bad or missing packets.

Other developers have been bitten by testing their games in either optimal or even just stable "faked real world" environments, only to find problems appeared when the games were run in the real world with real connections, real speeds, real lag spikes, and real instabilities.
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)