What HVS NEEDS to do to keep a lasting appeal...

#1SaintXSPosted 8/27/2010 9:01:49 AM
...is keep in touch with their fans after the game comes out. They said themselves they have the ability to patch things up, I think if there's weapon imbalances they should fix the recoil/damage a particular weapon does, if there's a glitch we show them and they fix it, etc. I love how bungie has like "MLG playlist" come out after the game is already released. I hope HVS has a playlist sort of like that and I hope they keep in touch with the fans to make the game have a lasting appeal.
#2Brownprouder23Posted 8/27/2010 9:13:42 AM
I couldn't agree with you more.
#3SupahShnipaPosted 8/27/2010 10:14:26 AM
I really hope they act like Bungie and DICE, who update the game and fix balance issues.
---
Greg Hastings Paintball 2 for the Wii!
#4Brownprouder23Posted 8/27/2010 10:23:59 AM
These kind of topics should be the ones getting more attention. Not the stupid ones.
#5SupahShnipaPosted 8/27/2010 10:42:43 AM
These kind of topics should be the ones getting more attention. Not the stupid ones.
I agree, so many stupid topics and horrible ideas.
---
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/27/2010 1:10:56 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to balance tweaks and bugfixes. But, I hope it doesn't go the way of "BAWW I DIE TO DIS WEPON NERF NERF NERF NERF NOW!!"
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#7UltimateFlame13Posted 8/27/2010 1:39:23 PM
I'd imagine they'll have at least some way for fans to help them find problems. If nothing else hopefully Tony will check in every week or 2 here so we can pass the info along to him.
---
Playing: Batman AA, Borderlands
Want: Golden Sun DD, Killzone 3, Batman AC, Infamous 2, Brink, Conduit 2, AC Brotherhood, and Borderlands Robot Revolution dlc.
#8The_ShaderPosted 8/27/2010 2:34:31 PM
Maybe they could add in a few new modes too. Of course that all depends on Nintendo's regulations...

Been almost a year since MW2 came out and they FINALLY do something right by adding the two game mode "Barebones". One for FFA and Team Deathmatch, the other with Team Objective modes. All have Killstreaks turned off. Alot of fun.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#9Sudsy86_Posted 8/27/2010 4:52:30 PM

The only way to genuinely produce lasting appeal is to make gameplay highly explorational. Also, I talked to a lot of people on BFBC2 who felt DICE was micromanaging and tainting the game (which I also think). They still played it because the game's premise was so epic and deep.

You obviously have to patch things which overtly exploit what you want the game to be. But, weapons? I think that goes a little too far. Every gun can be used effectively in any situation. Just, like with any other combat game of any type, you have to play in such a way to make it work. If a gun is limited, it doesn't mean it should have more range or fire rate. Not all guns should be equal in versatility. It's how tactics flow naturally from the core of the game.

Also, too many good players elevate guns' overall percieved usefulness.

I would agree that changing the guns for the sake of throwing a curveball at us would rejuvenate the game. But forcing us to use the same guns in the same way with different results for the sake of affirmative action increases the long-term playability how?

Everything can be countered with tactics. Leave it as that.

#10SupahShnipaPosted 8/27/2010 5:21:15 PM
Been almost a year since MW2 came out and they FINALLY do something right by adding the two game mode "Barebones". One for FFA and Team Deathmatch, the other with Team Objective modes. All have Killstreaks turned off. Alot of fun.

BlameTruth: It's not Barebones, it's more like a Chicken Wing that somebody just took a bite out of :P

Hopefully BO has a full Barebones Playlist (No Attachments/Perks) So any unbalanced Perks and noobtubes can be avoided. Just some Gun-on-Gun action like the old days.
---