Are there any shooters where the guns weight affects your walking speed?

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/27/2010 8:33:27 PM
That seems like a decent way to help balanced the power weapons, like the Smaw. But I don't think I remember seeing anything like that before.

Also, on the same idea...
It would be funny if they made it so carrying more ammo/nades weighed you down :p

You have like 20 nades, but your character can't even stand up.
#2Z1LVER12Posted 8/27/2010 8:46:27 PM
Yea that would be cool if the SMAW made you slower
#3Simok123Posted 8/27/2010 8:59:02 PM
^it does
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#4CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2010 9:09:09 PM
It does, as in. It Did in Tcon, or as in it will in Con2?
#5SouretsuPosted 8/27/2010 9:28:59 PM
In Modern Warfare (not sure about MW2, but I assume yes), your movement speed was dependent on the primary weapon you spawned with, with SMGs being fastest and LMGs being the slowest.

And I'm going to make the obligatory "you run faster with a knife" statement and wait for no one to understand where it comes from.
---
Computers are a lot like air conditioners. Everything works fine, until you open up Windows. (430 laughs)
MH Tri Hunter ID: 2EJVP8
#6bladester15Posted 8/28/2010 6:53:51 AM
"And I'm going to make the obligatory "you run faster with a knife" statement and wait for no one to understand where it comes from."
lol, I remember everyone in Combat Arms was always like...dude ur stupid, run with your knife out, it makes you run faster...lol, those were the days.

---
Country+rap=crap.
Chuck Norris's tears can cure cancer.....too bad he's never cried.
#7Icuras08Posted 8/28/2010 8:09:17 AM
''And I'm going to make the obligatory "you run faster with a knife" statement and wait for no one to understand where it comes from.''

That happens in Killing Floor.
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
Highest Anticipated Game: Rune Factory 3!!!
#8Brownprouder23Posted 8/28/2010 8:23:08 AM
"You run faster with a knife." That's from FPS Doug.
Also, CHAINMAILLEKID, when you post a topic like this it shows you haven't played very man fps's. The concept of the guns weight affecting your walking speed has been done before.
#9CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2010 10:47:27 AM
"Also, CHAINMAILLEKID, when you post a topic like this it shows you haven't played very man fps's."

I stopped playing FPS's a long time ago. I did not like the direction the genre went, And it soon became one of my least favorite type of games.
Also, I posted this topic assuming it had been done, I'm just curious to know more about how it was done.
#10SmallerRidleyPosted 8/28/2010 10:57:48 AM
A competitive FPS with customized stat distributions and stat-modifying equipment? >.>
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.